Women's Basketball Coach
Purpose: Responsible for instructing student-athletes in the rules and fundamentals of women's basketball; and determining fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques. Duties:
- Plans and implements the operation of the basketball program
- Recruiting women basketball players
- Share responsibility for administration/implementation of budget spending
- Maintains current knowledge and abides by HCAC/NCAA policies, rules, and procedures.
- Maintains necessary records
- Monitors eligibility for women's basketball
- Attends NCAA/HCAC meetings, clinics, and seminars
- Works closely with Sports Information
- Responsible for safety of players during games, practice, travel
- Purchases and maintains basketball equipment and uniforms
- Makes travel arrangements
- Schedules and organizes team related activities
- Assists Director of Athletics in hiring assistant coaches
- Assists Director of Athletics in hiring officials
- Promotes players for recognition
- Demonstrates integrity and upholds the values and mission of the University
- Maintains relationship with media to enhance the promotion of the University
- Supports total athletic program
- Assists in weight room supervision
- Supervise open gymnasium as needed and as permitted by NCAA Bylaws for safety purposes.
- Event management as assigned by the Director of Athletics
- Committee assignments and other duties appropriate to skills and training as assigned by supervisors.
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the division; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
College or High School coachingSpecialized Training: Basketball background, Ability to drive University vans, First Aid and CPR, recruiting software Skills, Attributes Customer Service:
- Exhibit a student customer first (identify particular customers if other than students; i.e. faculty, staff, etc) orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and (particular customer) needs and expectations; anticipate and identify (customers) needs
- Available for evening and weekend work as necessary
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate with others to achieve common office, division, or University goals
- Willingly assist in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Student Affairs Division as required during high service demand times
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with Department Directors, coaching staff, Athletic Training staff, Recreation Coordinators, Coordinators of Athletic and Recreation Facilities, Administrative Assistant, student employees, Student Development staff, Admission staff, prospective students and families, enrolled students, Registrar, Faculty Athletic Representative, and other members of the University community as well as the local and outside community, maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
- Must possess strong communication skills and strengths in public speaking
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, or omissions
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office
To apply, please upload the cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer