Department: Athletics and Recreation
Reports to: Head Wrestling Coach
Responsible for instructing student-athletes in the rules and fundamentals of wrestling; and providing input and assistance to the head coach in determining fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques.
- Assist the head coach with all aspects of the program
- On the mat assistant coach
- Assist with planning of all practices
- Assist the head coach with inventory and issuing of equipment
- Assist the Head Coach in communications with the office of admission and financial aid office regarding applications
- Assists in communications with Campus Facilities for overnight prospects
- Supervise student workers
- Assist the head coach with academic records and monitoring eligibility
- Maintain current knowledge and abides by NCAA/HCAC rules, policies, procedures
- Assists in weight room supervision
- Supervise open mat activities as needed and as permitted by NCAA Bylaws for safety purposes.
- Assists the head coach with marketing / public relations
- Supports the total athletic program
- Demonstrates integrity and upholds the values and mission of the University.
- Committee assignments and other duties appropriate to skills and training as assigned by supervisors
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the department vision; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
- Exhibit a student/customer first" orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and students' needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students' (or other customers) needs
- Demonstrate the ability to facilitate transition and counsel students towards the realization of full educational potential
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations, special needs, and others
- Available to rotate through multiple time frames of service operations
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to duties and a commitment to liberal arts education
- Collaborate well with others and help make the department staff a cohesive group
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, department or University goals
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the (Athletics and Recreation Department and other areas of the University as appropriate as required during high service demand times
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, or omissions
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- Demonstrate creativity and high energy
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work; and drilling with wrestlers on the mats as needed.
Bachelors - Masters preferred
1-year college coaching preferred
A demonstrated ability and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs; Coaching; strength training equipment; and First Aid, CPR, and AED certification.