Job Location Mount St. Joseph University - Cincinnati, OH.
Position Type Full Time
Education Level 4 Year Degree
Travel Percentage Up to 50%
Job Shift Any
Job Category Other
Responsible for instructing student athletes in the rules and fundamentals of wrestling; and providing input and assistance to the head wrestling coach in determining fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques.
- Design instruction for individual student athletes and for specific team needs
- Instruct student athletes in the rules and fundamentals of wrestling
- Provide input and assist the head coach in determining fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques
- Provide instruction related to physical health, team concepts, and safety
- Assist in recruiting of student-athletes including maintaining a recruiting database
- Assist the head coach with inventory and issuing of equipment and all travel plans
- Organize and coordinate scouting: Chart, Reports etc.
- Assist the Head Coach in communications with the office of admission and financial-aid office regarding applications
- Assists in communications with Campus Facilities for overnight prospects
- Assist the head coach with academic records and monitoring eligibility
- Monitor students for academic retention
- Maintain current knowledge and abides by NCAA/HCAC rules, policies, procedures
- Assists in weight room supervision as needed
- Supervise open gymnasium as needed and as permitted by NCAA Bylaws for safety purposes.
- Assists the head coach with marketing / public relations / alumni relations/ recruiting visits
- Supports the total athletic program
- Demonstrates integrity and upholds the values and mission of the University.
- Committee assignments and other duties appropriate to skills and training as assigned by supervisors
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the division; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
- Supervise student-workers
- Assist study tables with Rick Thompson
Department Director, Associate Director, coaching staff, Athletic Training staff, Recreation Coordinators, Director of Strength and Conditioning, Coordinators of Athletic and Recreation Facilities, Secretary, student employees, Student Affairs staff, Admission staff, prospective students and families, enrolled students, Registrar, Faculty Athletic Representative, and other members of the University community as well as the local and outside community.
Student athletes and student employees
Head Wrestling Coach
College or High School coaching
Proficient in: use of Microsoft Office programs, Synergy, valid drivers license, University vans, coaching techniques, copier, First Aid, and CPR certified.
- exhibit a "student first" orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and student's needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students' needs
- demonstrate the ability to facilitate transition and counsel students towards the realization of full educational potential
- demonstrated ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations, and special needs
- available to rotate through multiple time frames of service operations
- demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to duties and a commitment to liberal arts education
- collaborate well with others and help make the Athletics staff a cohesive group
- communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, division or University goals
- willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Athletics and Recreation Department and other areas of the University as appropriate as required during high service demand times
- develop and nurture an effective, productive and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining appropriate level of professionalism
- demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking (if applicable)
- communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions
- take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- demonstrate creativity and high energy
- accomplish tasks with follow through to completion must possess aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work.
To apply, please upload the cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer