Mechanical Validation System Technician
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
A Mechanical System Validation Technician performs a variety of mechanical tasks in regard to the execution of material handling projects, including checking, troubleshooting and improving the engineering and project execution processes.
This is a multi-function role responsible for executing projects of variable scope and complexity. Responsibilities include inspection and troubleshooting of mechanical installations, ensuring conformance to design specifications and ensuring compliance with operational and safety standards.
The Mechanical System Validation Technician will work with the Project Team to ensure the system is designed, installed and commissioned per as-sold documents while ensuring technical quality.
- Attends product application and project review meetings
- Inspects completed installations and observes operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards
- Ensures professional and consistent communications with the Project Team
- Attends onsite meetings to review details and compliance to the project plan and safety
- Works with and builds relationships with multiple engineering disciplines and Installation in the development of best practices regarding the execution of conveyor system projects
- Mentors less experienced Intelligrated associates
- Troubleshoots and develops process improvements in the office and at customer locations
- Conveyor commissioning and checkout at customer locations
- Adds to, and troubleshoots project punch list items
- Generates daily or weekly reports as required
- Confers with Engineers to discuss and or troubleshoot existing or potential issues
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- Associate degree in Engineering or equivalent in education and or related experience WE VALUE
- Flex to travel 70% Monday – Friday
- Two years of Material Handling Systems or related technical experience
- Solid communication skills
- Weekend travel may be required. ?
- Mechanical and Technical aptitude
- Experience in reading and interpreting technical Engineering drawings
- Genuine inclination and interest towards relationship building, team building and affecting positive change
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word – Excel)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is a plus