Facility Maintenance Technician - Cincinnati Museum Center
Facility Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Chief Engineer
Deadline to Apply:
Open Until Filled
Cincinnati Museum Center
1301 Western Ave.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45203
$22.00 Per Hour
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Requirements ( Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
- Minimum three years’ experience in the maintenance and repair of commercial air-conditioning, boilers, pneumatics and control systems equipment.
- Must be able to repair sinks, toilets and lighting
- Must have knowledge of BAS (Building Automation Systems).
- Must be physically able to do manual labor
- Must be able to work all shifts weekends, holidays and snow days in order to keep the building operating.
valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Trade school in HVAC, electrical, mechanical, or welding preferred
- CFC universal certification desired
Essential Duties: (The statements below reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the major responsibilities of the identified position and are not to be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.)
- Oversee and run projects.
- Implement aggressive M.E.P. preventative maintenance program.
- Operate and repair of low pressure boilers, chillers and other associated HVAC equipment.
- Maintain and operate mechanical, pneumatic and electrical systems within the facility.
- Perform standard building maintenance functions, including but not limited to repairing pumps, motors, and various HVAC and electrical.
- Use of common HVAC, mechanical, and electrical diagnostic tools.
- Self- starter, quick study and able to work unsupervised.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of boilers.
- Knowledge of plumbing, carpentry, soldering pipe, welding, irrigation and fire alarm systems.
- Ability to follow building blueprints, and mechanical drawings.
- Working knowledge of Energy Management systems and equipment.
- Must be able to too work at heights up to 40 feet.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work safely on roofs, mechanical lifts, scaffolding and other high and exposed areas using OSHA required safety precautions.
- May be exposed to how and cold temperatures as well as wet or dry.
Cincinnati Museum Center and the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast feeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law