Xavier University’s Department of Physical Plant is seeking applications for a Maintenance Technician position. The primary purpose of this position is to independently operate, repair and perform preventive maintenance on heating, ventilating, air conditioning, electrical, plumbing and other mechanical systems and work on boilers, HVAC, electrical, plumbing and other mechanical equipment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Wearing appropriate personal protective equipment and following all established safety practices and procedures.
- Working with various hand and power tools, meters and test equipment; interpreting drawings and blue prints, system descriptions and technical literature; troubleshooting electrical, pneumatic and DDC control systems.
- Performing scheduled routine/preventive maintenance on mechanical equipment, completing work orders, perform chemical tests of chiller water, cooling tower water and boiler water and add chemicals as required monitoring to insure correct levels, test and repair fire alarm systems and associated hardware, keep records of work performed, and perform basic carpentry and lock repair.
- Perform related duties as directed by supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent; formal trade school or apprenticeship program in general maintenance or a related field plus 3 to 5 years work experience, preferably in a college, hospital or commercial environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Universal refrigeration certification.
- Ability to lift heavy loads (approximate maximum 75 pounds), and work from ladders, scaffolding and aerial lift devices.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and driving record deemed insurable under Xavier’s policies and an available personal vehicle.
- Candidate is also required to work first shift Monday through Friday, also first shift, on a rotational basis, on weekends and holidays.
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website. Candidates are asked to include with their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Applications will be reviewed immediately. This position will remain open until filled.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and employment class.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Flexible work environment, including ability to work two days remotely each week.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.