Xavier University’s Department of Physical Plant is seeking applications for a Licensed Plumber. Working under general supervision, the incumbent will apply knowledge and skill at the journey level to install and repair piping, fixtures, appliances, and apparatus related to gas, air, water, drainage systems, and heating and cooling systems. The hours for this position are 7:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment and follow all established safety practices and procedures;
- Work with various hand and power tools, meters and test equipment; interpret drawings and blue prints, system descriptions and technical literature;
- Troubleshoot plumbing related issues, preform preventive maintenance, backflow preventer testing, and keep records of work performed;
- Complete routine and emergency work orders;
- Perform preventive maintenance and related duties as directed by supervisor.
- At least five years plumbing experience in both commercial and residential construction.
- Backflow tester license granted by the State of Ohio. Experience performing preventative and predictive maintenance of building systems equipment.
- Ability to use equipment and tools effectively to perform essential job functions.
- Demonstrate basic computer skills in order to communicate in writing as well as procure parts and interact with the computerized maintenance management system.
- Ability to lift heavy loads (approximate maximum 40 pounds) and work from ladders, scaffolding and aerial lift devices.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and driving record deemed insurable under Xavier’s policies and an available personal vehicle.
Interested/qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and names and phone numbers of three professional references on Xavier University’s website.
Applications will be reviewed immediately. This position will remain open until filled.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and employment class.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Flexible work environment, including ability to work two days remotely each week.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.