Business Strategy Optimization Analyst
The Business Strategy Optimization Analyst uses various analytical frameworks and modeling techniques (including decisions trees, logistic and linear regression, machine learning) to generate insights and strategies that drive the bottom-line profitability of various banking products and customers. The role requires an understanding of the intersection of consumer behavior, business drivers and data-driven decision-making to solve problems and influence business strategy.
The Business Strategy & Optimization Analyst will provide recommendations that could impact product design, pricing, segmentation and marketing, credit, fulfillment, and customer experience.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank’s risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gather and prepare complex data for modeling and analysis
- Develop and execute models, segmentation, and policy in market
- Project business impacts and monitor and track against the commitments
- Create and present convincing business cases to support recommendations
- Design tests to generate insights and improve understanding of our customers
- Effectively lead project teams in a highly matrixed environment
- Communicate effectively with senior leadership
- Perform adhoc portfolio analysis in a fast paced and dynamic business environment
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILTIES
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative discipline (e.g. science, technology, engineering, math, or economics).
- Master’s degree in quantitative discipline (e.g. statistics, data sciences, business analysis, finance, mathematics, or economics) preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated analytical experience or formal education
- Experienced in data mining and analysis using SAS or SQL, Python, R and ML
- Experience with quantitative marketing and market research techniques
- Ability to develop and design tests that are statistically grounded
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Exposure to product management, design, and development skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills