Consumer Funding Analyst I
Facilitates the review and funding of consumer direct loans and lines. Reviews consumer payoff documentation and completes the respective funding, including a formal review of all payoff documents, complicated loan transactions documented, and outside prepared documents. Assumes a role in the presentation and communication of all aspects of the deal structure to the appropriate contact to insure the timely and accurate funding of the transaction. Follows funding account exceptions and works with Consumer RCC to clear needed items for funding.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank’s risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages a multiple flow of activities in conjunction with the closing of complex consumer transactions generated by all affiliates that are serviced within the Regional Credit Center:
- Utilizes working knowledge of all transactions and structures to help establish transaction-funding timetable.
- Performs complete and thorough analysis; verification and audit of all payoff documentation, ensuring that compliance with the terms and conditions of all aspects of the transaction have been met.
- Enlists and coordinates assistance from Underwriting, Pre-Book auditing, or Retail Banking to advise on specific transactions issues and unresolved matters pertaining to transaction documentation when appropriate.
- Funds consumer loan transactions with fundings ranging from $1.00 to. $250,000.
- Coordinates and manages the final audit process with the appropriate parties, reviewing all issues of deal specific transaction documentation, pricing, and payment procedures prior to delivery of the funding package to the customer or financial entity.
- Maintains effective processes with Consumer RCC to ensure the timely and accurate funding and booking of transactions. Establish and direct necessary procedures to insure that "follow-up" items are received on a prompt and timely basis.
- Establishes, fosters, and maintains working relationships with peers and line management within the business unit to support an effective workflow and continuous improvement ethic.
- Develops strong working relationships with Credit Department Managers, Relationship Managers, Sales Managers, Senior Lenders, and Operations.
- Identifies and proactively address issues that may interfere with the smooth execution of Consumer loan funding.
- Identifies process improvements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of process.
- Ensure optimal performance in meeting the Consumer Division's goals and those of the Bancorp.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Finance or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years Consumer Lending or Home Equity Lending experience.
- Minimum 1 year Consumer Lending regulatory and compliance experience across multiple states.
- Retail banking or financial services experience preferred.
- Possess a working knowledge of the Consumer Loan Policies of Fifth Third Bancorp.
- Understanding of varied loan structures and corresponding complex documentation.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong decision making capabilities.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access.
- ACAPS computer knowledge preferred.