Intern, ICRE Underwriting
We do the right things, right now. We do them in a way that is relevant to our clients. Become a part of our history as it continues to be written!
If you are interested and qualified for this role, we invite you to apply.
Through our robust internship program, you will be immersed into First Financial culture and business operations over an 8-10 week period through a variety of professional development opportunities.
This is an on-site position working at a primary location in Cincinnati, OH.
First Financial internships are paid, professional experiences where you will gain exposure to multiple lines of business and be provided with opportunities to interact with our clients.
You will learn through a blended approach of on-the-job training and real-world experiences working alongside professionals.
You will be expected to provide f1rst class service, participate in project assignments, mentoring and job shadowing while being woven into our communities.
We are proud of the internship program and experience we have created at First Financial.
Through our annual Intern Engagement Survey, over 95% of our Internship Program participants strongly agreed that they would seek fulltime employment with First Financial and recommend the Program to their peers
Why First Financial?
We invest in our people by providing you with the tools and support to be your best, and by creating an inclusive, equitable workplace that encourages engagement and development, resulting in more best days at work.
We are dedicated to diversity. We know a workforce that represents differing opinions, experiences, backgrounds, and ideas makes us stronger. We value and seek out associates who represent the diversity of the communities we serve, which enables us to understand and support individuals and businesses in these communities.
We’ve adopted a workplace culture centered around investing in you. Developing our associates and promoting from within is one of our favorite things to do because we know your success is our success.
- Support functional area and line of business projects and initiatives, specifically:
- Perform Financial Analysis and Risk Assessment for the Business Banking/Small Business lines.
- Review Business Loan Applications and access the creditworthiness of the Applicant.
- Perform Spreading of Financial Statements for new and Renewal Requests.
- Prepare Credit Memos for New and Renewal Business Loan Requests.
- Assist in the preparation of various Reports
- Participate in First Financial’s internship team and community development events
- Provide continuous improvement feedback to the Director, Internship Program
- Meet acceptable performance levels and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, managers, and clients
- Observe the Code of Conduct and “Standards of Conduct and Discipline”, as outlined in the Associate Handbook, while at work, during business travel, at Company-sponsored events or in venues where you are representing First Financial
- The Code of Conduct and Associate Handbook are made available upon hire and are required to be acknowledged by all associates
- Currently enrolled in a college or university and pursuing a Bachelor’s degree
- A fast learner and problem solver who pays close attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and prioritization skills
- Basic analytical, critical thinking and project management skills
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office products and video conferencing tools
- Campus involvement and/or leadership experience
- Prior work experience
- Ability to serve a wide variety of bank and/or client needs according to First Financial policy and procedures
- Ability to work within a fast paced, cross functional team environment
- Will work independently as well as with teams under supervision
- In some cases, your direct manager may be remote
- Pending the scope of the work assigned, level of supervision needed may change day to day
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 20 lbs.
- Frequently lifts and carries up to 10 lbs.
- Frequently sits, stands, walks and drives
- The associate is responsible for meeting all compliance requirements imposed on First Financial Bank by State and Federal law and regulation, as well as all related First Financial Bank policies and procedures. This includes all Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC and Suspicious Activity reporting requirements, as well as all other lending and deposit compliance requirements.
- First Financial required compliance training must be completed timely
It is our policy to not discriminate against any individual in violation of federal, state, and local laws as it relates to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran/military service, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an E-Verify Employer.