Job Title: Senior Accountant
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Reports To: Accounting Manager
FLSA: Salary, Exempt
Job Purpose: Assist with all facets of financial reporting: payroll, accounts payable, sales and other financial elements. Additionally, the Senior Accountant will have a crucial role in implementing accounting processes and procedures to enhance overall effectiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monthly Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations
- Daily & Weekly Ticket Reconciliations
- Annual 1099 Reporting
- MLB Gate Receipts Reporting
- Gift Card Reporting
- Monthly & Homestand Reporting of Tickets
- Management of Concur, software for Expense Reporting
- Journal Entry Preparation
- Assist with annual audits
- Assist with AP/AR
- Other duties as assigned
Experience, Education and Licensure:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting required
- Four to five-year experience in accounting required
- Experience in Accounting Software, Microsoft Dynamics GP or NetSuite, not required
- Ability to work without supervision and to make appropriate decisions.
- Detail-oriented, driven self-motivator and a strong work ethic to get the job done.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of and the ability to adhere to GAAP principles.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports.
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have knowledge of office administrative procedures, and knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment, at a level generally acquired through related experience.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software.
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization
- Perform duties as workload necessitates
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meet Department productivity standards
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, military or veteran status, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.