Cook I - Full time - 1st shift
SUBFUNCTION DEFINITION: Performs routine duties related to serving food and beverages, as well as clearing dishes and cleaning. May operate dishwasher or assist with washing dishes, glassware, silverware, utensils, pots, pans, etc. Collects and disposes of garbage left at tables. May assist with stocking food inventory and with light cooking.
- Prepare, store and provide adequate supplies of fresh, nutritious and palatable cold foods, salads and desserts. Serve food to patients, visitors, and employees. Record temperatures and take appropriate action when they do not meet food safety standards.
- Clean and perform assigned duties in the dish room. Maintain a clean environment for our patients, visitors, and employees.
- Transport food to various areas within CCHMC.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No directly related experience