Food and Nutrition Services- Dishroom Trayline Assembly Associate
Title: Dishroom Trayline Assembly Associate
Responsible for preparation and assembly of Room Service meal trays, cleaning and sanitation of dishes, including operation of the dishmachine, and general kitchen / equipment sanitation.
The Dishroom Trayline Assembly Associate may perform the following duties:
- Assembles Room Service meal trays with speed and accuracy. Portions food items according to meal tray ticket following menu standards. Familiarizes self with patient menu items for assigned station and is prepared to start meal service at the scheduled time with necessary serving utensils and supplies. Assists with the operation of tray service to ensure uninterrupted tray assembly. Restocks food and supplies on trayline and at work stations as necessary.
- Maintains clean and sanitary conditions in food service areas. Handles food properly during service. Follows HACCP principles and complies with hospital and Health Department standards. Labels and dates all open items according to departmental guidelines. Completes and documents daily, weekly and monthly cleaning assignments. Reports any safety concerns to a FANS Manager.
- Returns soiled tray carts to dishroom for proper cleaning and sanitation. Follows acceptable procedures and operations in the cleaning and sanitizing of dishes and smallwares, including proper operation of the dishmachine. Correctly fills the 3-compartment sink for cleaning and sanitation of pots and pans. Verifies proper dishmachine temps and chemical calibration and accurately records on appropriate log as needed.
- Maintains cleanliness, orderliness, and sanitation of work areas, storage areas, coolers, and large equipment. Demonstrates competency in the safe handling of chemicals and their use in cleaning / sanitizing food service areas and equipment. Reports environmental and safety issues to a FANS Manager.
- Attends meetings as required to enhance knowledge, job skills and communication within the department. Follows acceptable practices related to: safety, sanitation, infection control, quality control, and customer relations.
- Performs other duties or responsibilities as assigned or needed. May assist in other areas as relief.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: 1-year food service or dishroom experience preferred.
Required Skills & Knowledge: Related food service knowledge and skills preferred, but not required. Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
This position will be located in the Food and Nutrition Department at The Christ Hospital main campus, 2139 Auburn Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45219.