Sr Director of Event Services
Sr Director of Event Services
Apply nowJob no: 498937
Department: Housing Dining Recreation & Business Services
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Food Services
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Sr Director of Event Services
Salary/Grade: $80,000 - $90,000
Hours Per Week:
The Senior Director of Event Services, provides leadership, direction and vision to manage the self-operated and self-supporting Conference and Event Services, Catering, Marcum Hotel and Concession operations. The Senior Director of Event Services ensures all areas of the food service program operate with the highest standards of safety and sanitation, quality of service, healthy and on-trend menus while optimizing efficient and effective operational and financial performance. Areas of service include but are not limited to Conference & Event Services, Catering, Concessions, and Marcum Hotel.
- Provides strategic leadership to manage the long-range and day-to-day operations for Catering,
- Conference & Event Services, Concessions, and Marcum Hotel.
- Ensures university and departmental policies, work rules and performance standards are met.
- Ensures the maintenance and monitoring of labor, food, supplies, utilities and other costs and
- preparation of various financial and operational reports to provide an accurate representation of
- operational performance.
- Evaluate and report on the quality, efficiency and performance of all operations.
- Performs all aspects of employee supervision to include training, scheduling, evaluation and
- performance management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Hospitality Management, Culinary Arts, Dietetics, Management, etc.), and 5+ years of progressive experience in higher education or other food service operations; OR
- Associate’s degree (or other technical degree) in a related field (Hospitality Management, Culinary Arts, Dietetics, Management, etc.), and 7+ years of progressive experience in higher education or other food service operations; OR
- 9+ years of progressive experience in higher education or other food service operations
- Servsafe certification
- Certificate in a related field from a nationally recognized program (Foodservice Management
- Professional or similar)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Date to Begin Screening Applicants:
Benefits Eligible: Yes
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 07 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time