Assc Dir Bus Ops & Advancement
Job No: 501377
Department: VP of Student Affairs
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Administration, Student Services, Other
Status: Full Time
The Associate Director of Business Operations works with the Director to enhance and improve student engagement at Miami University. The Center is a part of the Division of Student life and includes the Office of Student Activities; The Wilks Institute for Leadership and Service; and the Cliff Alexander Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life. The Associate Director provides oversight of business processes and services for the SEAL and more than 600 student organizations by serving as the primary office liaison to General Accounting, Accounts Payable, and Human Resources. They also assist with stewardship and resource planning and provide student leader training in the areas of budgeting/finance and accounting/purchasing. The Associate Director also provides support to other offices in the Division of Student Life on related matters as needed, in collaboration with the Director of Student Life Budget and Technology.
Assists the Director in providing leadership for the Center for Student Engagement, Activities, and Leadership in establishing and fulfilling its mission and strategic priorities; and in conducting daily operations and responsibilities
Provides assistance to each functional area of the Center and coordinates the annual combined assessment and reporting processes.
- Assists with the development of and monitors budgets for the three functional areas of the Center. Approves expenditures across the Center and Divisionally as needed.
- Contract signing authority for up to $5,000 for the Division of Student Life.
- Liaison with business functions of the university, including but not limited to student financial assistance, human resources, general counsel, purchasing, accounts payable, treasury services to provide training, support, and problem solving for the Center team members.
- Provides technical assistance and training across the division for financial systems, human resources applications and processes, and general university policy.
- Provides business advising in the areas of budgeting/finance, accounting/purchasing, marketing/public relations, operations/management, and technology for Fraternity/Sorority Council (VP’s Finance), ASG VP of Finance and other student organizations as needed.
- Assists in the production, collection, and management of accurate participation records, engagement statistics, scholarship reports, and other data used to evaluate program effectiveness.
- Supports and maintains regular communication and collaborative relationships with various constituents with the City of Oxford community and the Division of Student Life and other University offices.
- Assist the Director with advancement initiative development and implementation. Assist with fund expenditure activities (including scholarships) and regular communication with designated donors.
- Provides assistance with stewardship activities and alumni and donor relations.
- Willingness to work occasional flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Other duties as assigned, provided they support the mission of the Center for Student Engagement, Activities, and Leadership and all Offices within the Center.
- Three (3) to five (5) years professional experience working in Higher Education or a related field/setting.
- Bachelors degree
- Master’s Degree in Business Management, Accounting, Public Administration or similar field
- Marketing and communication skills utilizing print media, video, social media, and additional public relations material
- Experience with website management and editing platforms
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly skilled in Excel and experience working with Banner or other ERP systems
- Experience working with Oracle BI or other business intelligence systems
- Experience with procurement/purchasing platforms and data base management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team oriented and collaborative environment
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 09 Feb 2023 Eastern Standard Time