Assistant Director Analytics & Strategy
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job no: 500598
Department: Institutional Relations
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Assistant Director Analytics & Strategy
Hours Per Week: Full-time
The Division of ASPIRE (Advancing Strategy, Partnerships, Institutional Relations and Economy) at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, seeks a detail orientated problem-solver to join its analytics and strategy area. Under the supervision of the Vice President of ASPIRE, the Assistant Director for the Office of Analytics & Strategy will support the Office of Institutional Relations, the Office of Economic Development & Community Relations, the Partnerships and Corporate Relations Committee, and the ASPIRE Council, by supplying coordinated information to decision makers. The successful candidate for this position will have a passion for accuracy, coupled with an understanding of the complexity of data questions, the ability to display complex information in an understandable summary fashion, and the ability to work in a team focused environment. The successful candidate for this position must demonstrate ethical character and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Writing and organizing documentation for Miami’s ASPIRE Division
- Act as a liaison to various University departments and divisions
- Facilitate all data analytics for ASPIRE and its related committees including building visual dashboards and reports to express data as needed.
- Track University high-level strategic initiatives, across campus units
- Develop and maintain a well-coordinated and sophisticated scorecard related to the University’s strategic plan – Miami RISE, infrastructure on campus, and Boldly Creative progress
- Collect, update, and track data for presentation on the ASPIRE website, at each Board of Trustees meeting, to select University senate and faculty assembly meetings, and through other communication channels
- Create and maintain an economic impact statement highlighting Miami University’s impact on Ohio
- Support ASPIRE, University partners, and the ASPIRE Council
- Manage student workers
- Stay current with higher education trends
- Run existing reports and write new reports from institutional databases and confirm consistency/validate data and reports received from other offices
- Construct and maintain graphical displays utilized by ASPIRE, e.g. monthly corporate and foundation outreach counts by University division and office, monthly proposal submissions counts by University division and office, monthly funded/rejected proposals by University division and office, etc.
- Link data from multiple sources (internal, regional, state and national)
- Clean, code, and archive proposal, outreach, and response data
- Create and manage databases related to ASPIRE Division data needs
- Learn new software as necessary and stay current with data analytic tools and development
- Oversee an ASPIRE-oriented committee that is comprised of staff with data, analytics, and statistical talent
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated experience working in a team focused environment
- Strong background in mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
- Experience with data analytics query and reporting tools software such as Tableau
- Web page design experience
- Experience working in government and or political environments
- Demonstrated experience working in a team focused environment
- Familiarity with various national databases, e.g. political data, census data or IPEDS (Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System)
- Bachelor’s Degree and two years of experience in data analytics or a Master’s Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Business, Education Social Sciences, Sciences or Mathematics.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft office Suite of products such as Excel and Access
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please include resume, cover letter and three professional references.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 22 Jul 2022 Eastern Daylight Time