Assistant Director, Content
Job No: 501310
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: PR, Media, Graphics, Communications, Fund Raising, Development, Alumni
Status: Full Time
The assistant director, content is responsible for producing marketing copy that engages Miami alumni in the alumni website and drives participation in alumni initiatives and events. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with digital publishing, generating traffic, and driving responses. This position is part of the content team within Marketing Communications and Technology (MCT) and reports to the director, digital services.
In alignment with Miami University’s statement on Diversity and Inclusion, University Advancement is committed to and fully embraces the philosophy and belief that a diverse community is among an institution's greatest strengths. The Division of University Advancement is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all people feel safe, valued, and respected. To view our full statement including our specific commitments, please visit our website: miamialum.org/DEI_statement.
- Under the direction of the director, digital services, contribute to the implementation of content marketing strategies for digital channels and collaboratively develop and implement digital content.
- Content creation and copywriting, editing and proofing of email marketing campaigns, web content, and e-newsletters.
- Optimize content considering SEO and email/web analytics.
- Creates content and provides ongoing upkeep support for MiamiAlum.org.
- Serves as project lead on select divisional/college/group email initiatives, as directed.
- Using our selected email tool, builds each email working closely with the MCT design team.
- Contributes as an active and engaged member of a highly collaborative marketing communications team.
- Depending on work volume and overlapping project needs, may also be assigned to additional projects that that may include feature writing; alumni/constituent, student and faculty profiles; and other projects needed.
- Bachelor's degree or two years of experience in writing and editing in a professional environment.
- Experience working with content management systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
- Degree in journalism, English, communications, marketing, or related field.
- Knowledge of AP style.
- Experience with SEO and web traffic metrics and analytics.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for this position, please upload a cover letter, resume, and three professional references. Three recent email marketing or other content marketing writing samples must be included with application.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 24 Jan 2023 Eastern Standard Time