Assistant Director, Global Learning
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job no: 500751
Department: Global Initiatives
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Assistant Director, Global Learning
Salary/Grade: $53,000 - $56,000
Hours Per Week: 40
Assistant Director, Global Learning will lead the Global Initiatives divisional diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts and support the design, delivery, and assessment of high impact global learning that effectively embeds the ideals of intercultural and multicultural transformational learning outcomes and multi-level assessment into curricular and co-curricular programming. Miami University is a leader in international higher education, supporting our students and faculty in education abroad, and welcoming international students to our campus and community for a globally focused education experience. Miami University recognizes that technology enables us to find new ways of providing first class service and workplace flexibility. This position is approved for remote work on a hybrid basis. Remote work is a working arrangement that can be modified or revoked by Miami University at any time for any reason.
Global Initiatives at Miami University has diversity as a core value and the Assistant Director will be a member of a team that is building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for students, staff, and faculty through programming which exposes constituents to a broad range of ways of engaging with the world and the diversity it presents.
The Assistant Director, Global Learning duties will include:
- DEI Strategy and Coordination. Develop, coordinate, and provide lead oversight of a proactive diversity, equity, and inclusion comprehensive strategy and communication plan, innovative programming, and professional development for Global Initiatives.
- Program Development. Support high impact program and curriculum development for credit and not for credit global learning and cultural immersion in study abroad and study away, as well as international student programming.
- Support Cultural Transition Curriculum Development and Programming. Pre-departure, and post-program reflection programming support, consulting, and development for study abroad and international student programming.
- Support Global Programs Curriculum Integration Provide support for developing and revising transformative globally focused education abroad curriculum that meets Global Miami Plan and other institutional requirements. Develop programmatic goals. Evaluate and assess program effectiveness.
- Faculty Development. In collaboration with academic departments and divisions, as well as the Center for Teaching Excellence, design and deliver intercultural development opportunities for faculty and staff leading travel study programs and supporting international students.
- Assessment. In consultation across divisions, develop and implement intercultural and global learning assessment plans for travel education and student transition and development programs.
- Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree with at least four years of related professional experience; experience with the development and delivery of high impact internationalized and globally focused curriculum.
- Position not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
- Consideration may be given to candidates with experience working, studying, or living abroad; universal design of learning experience; strong communication skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit cover letter and resume. Inquiries may be directed to Katherine Wayt at email@example.com
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
Date to Begin Screening Applicants:
Screening of applications begins August 30, 2022 and continues until the position is filled.
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 17 Aug 2022 Eastern Daylight Time