Assistant Director of Development, Intercollegiate Athletics
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
All employees and students must be fully vaccinated by November 22, 2021. Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job no: 499354
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Fund Raising, Development, Alumni
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Assistant Director of Development, Intercollegiate Athletics
Hours Per Week: 40
The Assistant Director of Development, Intercollegiate Athletics/Major Gifts Officer will advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing, and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment of alumni and friends. Particular emphasis will be given to strategies of identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding annual fund and major gifts, both current and deferred, to the Intercollegiate Athletics program.
Miami University is a public university founded in 1809 with over 200,000 alumni and 20,000 enrolled students. These students major in over 120 different fields of study. With its close proximity to the city of Cincinnati, coupled with a nationally recognized excellence in undergraduate education, there is a significant opportunity to increase all measures of support from alumni, friends, and corporate and foundation partners. As the university looks to embark upon its next comprehensive campaign, a robust and high functioning development team will play a critical role in the success of that effort.
In alignment with Miami University’s statement on Diversity and Inclusion, University Advancement is committed to and fully embraces the philosophy and belief that a diverse community is among an institution's greatest strengths. The Division of University Advancement is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all people feel safe, valued, and respected. To view our full statement including our specific commitments, please visit our website: miamialum.org/DEI_statement.
- Serve as one of the departmental liaisons for Intercollegiate Athletics at Miami University in addressing their objectives.
- Work directly with the Assistant Vice President of Development, Associate Athletic Director on all Major Gift strategies including (but not limited to); prospect lists for all staff, travel and planning as well as relationship management.
- Manage a personal portfolio of major gift prospects to ensure that timely steps are taken toward identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Work independently and collaboratively on the development and implementation of a strategy for each prospect with other staff, faculty, administrators, coaches and alumni volunteers. Encourage and coordinate involvement of prospects, alumni, and friends through campus visits and regional events.
- Assist with Miami Athletic Fund operations to increase revenues.
- Assist with the coordination of special events as appropriate.
- Assist in marketing and communication efforts of the athletic development office.
- Enhance communication with coaches and support staff of numerous sports by serving as the athletic development liaison.
- Engage young alumni and former student-athletes to participate in development efforts.
- Prepare and present departmental and division proposals to alumni and friends with the input and assistance of directors, staff, administrators, coaches and volunteers.
- Coordinate with the university development professionals on donor strategies and development initiatives with the support of Advancement Marketing, Communications, and Technology, Athletic Communications and Marketing, Office of Development staff, and faculty and administrators, provide regular reports on progress and results of the prospect solicitation process, complete and file all contact reports in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties related to the mission of the Office of Development under guidance of the Assistant Vice President of Development, Associate Athletic Director.
Bachelor's degree; minimum of one year of relevant experience such as fundraising or sales (volunteer work may be counted towards this requirement). This position requires regular attendance at evening and weekend events and willingness to travel extensively, primarily regionally, and also some on a national level.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Excellent written and verbal communication skills; evidence of ability to work cooperatively with administrators, faculty, staff, alumni and volunteers.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 07 Oct 2021 Eastern Daylight Time