Assoc Dir Corp & Foundtn Reins
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job no: 500869
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Fund Raising, Development, Alumni, Other
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Assoc Dir Corp & Foundtn Reins
Hours Per Week: 40 Hours
The Division of University Advancement at Miami University is looking for new team members who want to impact the lives and experiences of our students through philanthropy. Miami University is a public university founded in 1809 with over 220,000 alumni and 20,000 enrolled students. Well known for its liberal arts education, Miami University offers more than 120 undergraduate degree programs and over 60 graduate degree programs within its eight schools and colleges in architecture, business, engineering, humanities and the sciences. As the university embarks upon its next comprehensive campaign, a significant increase in philanthropic contributions from corporate and foundation partners will be critical to its success.
As an integral member of the Corporate and Foundation Relations team, the Associate Director will establish new and strengthen existing relationships with corporations and foundations. The Associate Director will work closely with administrators, faculty, and staff to develop a deep understanding of the strategic areas of importance and secure financial commitments in support of the immediate and long-term priorities of the university.
In alignment with Miami University's statement on Diversity and Inclusion, University Advancement is committed to and fully embraces the philosophy and belief that a diverse community is among an institution's greatest strengths. The Division of University Advancement is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all people feel safe, valued, and respected. To view our full statement including our specific commitments, please visit our website: miamialum.org/DEI statement.
- Assist in identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding corporations and foundations in support of the priorities and mission of Miami University.
- Build and manage a portfolio of approximately 50 corporate and foundation prospects.
- Take active steps to develop positive, long-term relationships with key corporate executives, funding officers, university relations professionals, and other key staff of external partners.
- Build relationships and collaborate with faculty and staff to stay informed on academic priorities and programs.
- Promote and leverage effective working relationships with the Office of Research and Innovation, the Center for Career Exploration and Success, the Office for Advancing Strategy, Partnerships, Institutional Relations, and Economy, and other campus partners.
- Foster and exemplify a holistic approach to working with corporations and foundations.
- Update and maintain donor and prospect information in the Banner system, and utilize reporting tools to manage a portfolio of prospects strategically
- Bachelor's degree OR three or more years of fundraising experience and/or comparable professional experience; volunteer work may be counted towards this requirement.
- Experience working in an educational setting with expertise partnering with corporations and foundations.
- Experience in the collection, analysis and use of data
- Working knowledge of computers and database management
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to travel extensively both on a regional and national level
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for this position, upload a cover letter, resume and three professional references.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 07 Sep 2022 Eastern Daylight Time