Associate Director, Campaign Events
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job no: 501185
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Fund Raising, Development, Alumni
Status: Full Time
The Associate Director, Campaign Events, is responsible for strategy, planning and production for a portfolio of targeted campaign events that focus on donor cultivation and fundraising solicitation for specific high-value donor segments locally, regionally and nationally. The Associate Director, Campaign Events, works independently with divisional staff and external vendors, providing comprehensive planning and coordination of logistics for campaign-specific donor events, including virtual events. In addition, this position works collaboratively with the Associate Director, Event Management on the marketing communications team to support planning and execution of high-profile, signature campaign events. This position reports to the Assistant Vice President, Development and Campaign Director.
Miami University is a public university founded in 1809 with over 200,000 alumni and 20,000 enrolled students. With its close proximity to the cities of Cincinnati and Dayton coupled with a nationally recognized excellence in undergraduate education there is a significant opportunity to increase all measures of support from alumni, friends, and corporate and foundation partners.
In alignment with Miami University’s statement on Diversity and Inclusion, University Advancement is committed to and fully embraces the philosophy and belief that a diverse community is among an institution's greatest strengths. The Division of University Advancement is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all people feel safe, valued, and respected. To view our full statement including our specific commitments, please visit our website: miamialum.org/DEI statement.
- Handle all aspects of planning and execution for assigned campaign events in a turnkey fashion. This role requires the effective planning, supervision and implementation of events that substantially impact the University from the standpoint of perception by prospective and current donors, and Miami University leadership.
- Collaborate with development, stewardship, and university advancement marketing communications and technology staff to develop logistically sound and effective events that maximize donor engagement. This includes: developing goals, objectives, invite lists, creative event design, event programming, and post-event follow-up; coordinating event logistics; trouble-shooting and providing effective and timely solutions; providing project management oversight, on-site event support, and exceptional customer service.
- Serve as point person between division stakeholders and the marketing communications team to guide development of all communications touchpoints that impact the event experience.
- In collaboration with the AVP and/or cross functional partners, conduct research, make site visits and solicit resources for the selection and evaluation of event sites locally, regionally and nationally.
- Coordinate with the Administrative Assistant in regards to event records processing, paperwork/invoice processing and budget management.
- Serve as liaison with offsite venue contacts on all event-related matters, including but not limited to: negotiation of contracts; coordination of event food and beverage, audio visual needs, photography, and room blocks; ensuring appropriate décor (floral, linens, color schemes, etc.), customer service, and other quality standards to meet the expectations of the Division of University Advancement.
- In conjunction with the AVP, maintain a campaign focused strategy for special events. This includes: following procedures to produce successful events; staff training; strategic planning; creative oversight; and project management related to campaign events.
- Bachelor's degree or five years of experience in non-profit or corporate event planning.
- Experience with Ellucian Banner ERP and iModules
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- High level of organizational skills, including the ability to simultaneously manage a large variety of tasks and set priorities.
- Demonstrated success in customer service and meeting deadlines.
- Willingness to travel and work weekends/evenings as needed.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for this position, please upload a cover letter, resume, and three professional references.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 19 Dec 2022 Eastern Standard Time