Associate Director for Graduate Admission
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job No: 500853
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Enrollment Services
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Associate Director for Graduate Admission
Hours Per Week: 40
The Associate Director will provide leadership and direction of assigned programs and projects, ensuring that overall strategies and efforts align with and support the larger strategic vision, plans, and goals of the Office of Graduate Admission. This position will direct, plan and execute programs, and provide ongoing assessment, management and recommendations for critical areas of responsibility. This position may also supervise full-time admission staff.
In collaboration with the director, the Associate Director will development and implement a comprehensive graduate recruitment strategy. The Associate director will create and modify existing graduate enrollment and yield processes that are consistent with Miami University's mission and goals. Additionally, the Associate Director will travel to regional and national recruitment events to ensure a highly qualified and diverse applicant pool.
All positions are responsible for the understanding and upholding of Miami University’s and Enrollment Management and Student Success’ Diversity, Equity and Inclusion statements, values and goals. This position may have duties associated with admission and selection, primarily focused on new graduate programs and initiatives.
This position is approved for remote work on a hybrid basis. Remote work is not a right, but a working arrangement that can be modified or revoked by Miami University at any time for any reason.
- Leverage university partnerships to enhance awareness and enrollment of targeted graduate programs. Work with the Director of Graduate Admission to develop a focused, integrated, data-driven recruitment plan that aligns with the University’s Strategic Priorities. 30%
- Schedule, coordinate and implement a travel schedule to recruit prospective graduate students to targeted and overall graduate programs. These may include graduate school fairs, coordinated school visits, and virtual events. Maintain relationships with program directors and participate in regional events specific to their programs. 20%
- Work with enrollment operations to ensure an application system that is efficient, effective, and user friendly for graduate applicants. Coordinate annual updates to the graduate applications. Respond to inquiries and questions from prospects, applicants, and accepted students interested in learning more about our graduate programs. 20%
- Utilize the graduate constituent relationship management system to monitor and respond to enrollment trends, contribute to moving applicants through the enrollment cycle, and ensure communications are relevant and timely. 10%
- Develop a working knowledge of Miami University graduate programs, opportunities, and policies; communicate information about the Miami brand, experience, and outcomes, escalating questions and issues as needed. 10%
- Assist with the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned projects. Work collaboratively with University constituents to streamline and improve processes. 10%
- Bachelor’s degree with experience in higher education, recruitment, or marketing, or like experience and 3 years minimum experience working in a sales, recruitment or like environment.
- Will consider a Master’s degree and 2 years minimum experience.
- Candidate will possess exceptional written, interpersonal, and oral communication skills, with a proven track record of maintaining and cultivating relationships with key internal and external constituents.
- Must possess excellent group presentation skills, and a proven ability to work with diverse constituencies; candidate must demonstrate expertise and/or experience with marketing or communication efforts. Demonstrated knowledge and experience with computer systems and various software applications.
- Must be able to work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with computer systems and various software applications; proven ability to work with diverse constituencies.
** This position is available to persons who are currently located and authorized to work in the United States on a full-time and indefinite basis. (Persons authorized to work on such a basis include US citizens, lawful permanent residents (“green card” holders), asylees, refugees, and temporary residents under IRCA
** This position is not eligible for H1-B Visa or OPT support. It is not eligible for PERM sponsorship.
- Master's degree and five years of experience in higher education.
- Strong working knowledge of the admission and/or graduate enrollment management.
- Experience in recruitment and enrollment, or similar experience in counseling, sales, marketing, or related field; demonstrated commitment to recruiting individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 12 Sep 2022 Eastern Daylight Time