Associate Director of Enrollment Operations
OVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job no: 500248
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Enrollment Services
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Associate Director of Enrollment Operations
Salary/Grade: $55000 - $65000
Hours Per Week: 40
In close coordination with Miami University the Office of Admission, the Associate Director of Enrollment Operations will have responsibility for and oversight of the operations, processing, systems, and communication functions within a complex and deadline-driven office which directly supports the university’s recruitment, application, admission, and enrollment processes. Working with and reporting to the Director of Enrollment Operations, the associate director will serve as a leader in the office, ensuring the timely and efficient delivery of communication, integrity of prospective student and applicant data, and development and analysis of operational processes to ensure efficiency and strategic planning. This position requires strong organizational, communication, and relationship-building skills, as well as technical acumen and the ability to work independently. Occasional nights or weekends may be required.
This position is approved for remote work on a hybrid basis. Remote work is not a right, but a working arrangement that can be modified or revoked by Miami University at any time for any reason.
- Direct the operational functions of prospective student and admission application processing; manage and support the recruitment/admission database system and research and leverage existing functionality and future enhancements to ensure maximum effectiveness and utilization. (20%)
- Maintain and improve applications, forms, checklists, review processes, decision releases, status pages, and confirmation processes for recruitment, admission, and special programs; create and manage all on- and off- campus event registration websites, forms, reporting, check-ins, and surveys and increase prospective student engagement and recruitment efficiency through data analysis and the development of CRM strategies. (20%)
- Direct the hiring, training, supervision, and performance evaluation processes for staff within Enrollment Operations; create written training documentation for all processes related to Enrollment Operations and admission business practices; convey information to staff in a clear, precise, and procedural manner; create, update and present training sessions to graduate faculty, staff and administrators. (15%)
- Ensure the timely and accurate delivery of all recruitment, procedural and ad-hoc emails, text messages, and mailings to prospective students and applicants through a close partnership with Enrollment Marketing and Communication and the Office of Admission; prepare, maintain, and monitor automated prospective student communications and collaborate with divisional partners on comm flow deployment and social media integration into applicant status pages. Evaluate return on investment and trends for strategic recruiting initiatives. (15%)
- Collaborate with other administrative and academic offices, committees, and individuals in the development, implementation, delivery, and oversight of procedures and practices as they relate to enrollment operations and admission data integrity. (15%)
- Build and update reports and queries to inform strategy. Collaborate with colleagues in EMSS, Academic Affairs, and other divisions and offices on short- and long-term strategic planning, resource allocation, communication, and initiatives to meet the enrollment goals each year. (10%)
- Other duties as assigned. (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Five years of experience working in higher education, business, operations, or related field.
This position is available to persons who are currently located and authorized to work in the United States on a full-time and indefinite basis. (Persons authorized to work on such a basis include US citizens, lawful permanent residents (“green card” holders), asylees, refugees, and temporary residents under IRCA
This position is not eligible for H1-B Visa or OPT support. It is not eligible for PERM sponsorship.
- Master’s Degree in higher education, communication, marketing, or related field.
- Experience with Slate and Ellucian Banner.
- Five years’ experience in admission or enrollment management.
- Supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive experience with student information systems, CRMs, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong relationship-building and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work independently and on cross-functional teams.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 28 Apr 2022 Eastern Daylight Time