Associate Director of Professional Development
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job no: 500692
Department: Farmer School of Business
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Associate Director of Professional Development
Farmer School of Business: Associate Director of Professional Development to be responsible for the execution of a comprehensive career development and employer relations program designed to prepare students for internships and full-time positions post-graduation.
Duties include and are not limited to:
- Conduct individual career advising appointments, leads workshops and other program initiatives with business students to provide counseling related to professional development
- and career guidance.
- Assists with employer relations outreach and engagement to increase the number and quality of employers and job/internship opportunities available to business students.
- Teach and design course curriculum for the Career Exploration course to business students.
- Develops and maintains content featured on the Farmer School of Business Career Services website.
- Assist in the development and implementation of career strategies for all business students.
- Collaborate with academic advisors and the Center for Career Exploration and Success in efforts to provide cross functional knowledge to students regarding academic and career information.
- Supervise student staff of 3 to carry out FSB Careers initiative and tasks related to office promotion, programming and peer coaching.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years full-time work experience in higher education, human resources, recruiting, a university career services office, a university student affairs division, a university academic advising department or other closely related field.
- Position is not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
- Consideration may be given to candidates with significant experience related to professional development and career education, particularly within business schools as well as student advising/counselling at a college or university level; superior interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills; familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite software and internet applications; ability to work effectively and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders in different contexts, including potential employers, faculty, staff, alumni, and current employers; varied situations, requiring significant analysis and interpretation; problems also have multiple possible solutions; student advising is situational based on the needs of the students. This person needs to be flexible in providing guidance to meet those needs.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position and resume. Department will request letters of recommendation from references listed in application. Inquiries may be directed to Michael Webb at email@example.com.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
Date to Begin Screening Applicants:
Screening of applications will begin August 31, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 16 Aug 2022 Eastern Daylight Time