Associate General Manager (MiTech University Technology Store)
Job no: 501551
Department: Physical Facilities
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Retail, Information Technology, Office, Clerical, Administrative Support, Other, Career Services
Status: Full Time
Responsible for the daily operations of the “Mi-Tech” Miami University Technology Store; Leading Retail Computer/Technical Sales and Service teams in support of Miami University Students and Miami Community Customers.
- Manages daily operations, driving sales and determining inventory needs through sales trends.
- Oversees diverse sales and technical teams including warranty/repair and mail and package center teams integral to Mi-Tech operations.
- Supports diverse students/customers that rely on product functionality fit to academic program needs and with continuity in product performance.
- Demonstrates drive in team retention and assists with recruiting and hiring full time employees and seasonal part time student employees.
- Provides scheduling, performance direction, evaluation, and training to teams led.
- Manages budget and key performance indicators.
- Performs direct customer service/resolves customer issues.
- High School Diploma or GED and one to three years of relevant experience.
- Associates degree, or vocational or technical school degree.
- IT Support Experience, more than three years.
- Retail/Technical Support Management Experience, more than three years.
- Experience with retail sales and repair/warranty service of products technical in nature.
- Experience Managing/Leading retail sales and technical service teams.
- Experience resolving/servicing, repairing computers, laptops and related technical products.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Resourceful and detail orientated with a high degree of organizational skills.
- The ability to prioritize and efficiently handle high quantity, high quality service.
- A collaborative leader with product knowledge, especially related to laptop computers, and a range of related products.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 09 Mar 2023 Eastern Standard Time
This Organization Participates in E-Verify.