Asst Dir of Donor Engagement
Job no: 499259
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Fund Raising, Development, Alumni
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Asst Dir of Donor Engagement
Hours Per Week: 40
The Division of University Advancement at Miami University is looking for new team members who want to make an impact on the lives and experiences of our students through philanthropy. Miami University is a public university founded in 1809 with over 200,000 alumni and 20,000 enrolled students. With its close proximity to the city of Cincinnati coupled with a nationally recognized excellence in undergraduate education, there is a significant opportunity to increase support from alumni, friends, and partners. Everyone on our team plays a part in achieving this goal.
This position is responsible for planning and executing custom stewardship plans that deepen donor relationships with Miami University through personalized and meaningful engagement. The position collaborates with development staff and other campus partners who have relationships with donors. The position is an integral member of the Stewardship & Donor Relations team and reports to the Director of Donor Relations.
In alignment with Miami University’s statement on Diversity and Inclusion, University Advancement is committed to and fully embraces the philosophy and belief that a diverse community is among an institution's greatest strengths. The Division of University Advancement is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all people feel safe, valued, and respected. To view our full statement including our specific commitments, please visit our website: miamialum.org/DEI_statement.
- Proactively collaborate with development staff to create and implement personalized stewardship plans that strengthen relationships with major gift donors who are unmanaged by development officers.
- Develop a personalized menu of stewardship touches that are meaningful to each donor.
- Manage an efficient system for tracking upcoming and completed stewardship activities.
- Coordinate campus visits to connect donors with the beneficiaries of their giving.
- Manage relationships with a pool of select donors and make personal visits with donors as necessary.
- Provide support for the Lifetime Giving Societies.
- Support other donor engagement projects and support the Stewardship & Donor Relations team as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must be able and willing to travel.
- Previous experience in fundraising, donor relations, communications, or public relations.
- Proven success building relationships with donors in a large nonprofit organization.
- Previous project management experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be self-motivated, work independently, organized, have a strong attention to detail, and meet deadlines.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and a commitment to excellent customer service.
- Must work collaboratively and be an excellent team player.
- Must be creative and have excellent problem-solving skills.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Benefits Eligible: Yes
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 11 Sep 2021 Eastern Daylight Time