Cashier - Short Term up to 90 Days
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you're provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family - take care of your career and your community!
- Weekly pay
- Scheduling flexibility
- Paid parental leave
- Paid education assistance
- Care.com/back-up care assistance
- Team member discount
- Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Looking for some extra cash for the holidays! We are hiring Immediately for short term cashiers! Afternoons, Evenings & weekends!$12-14/hour based on experience.
Short Term is up to 90 days with the possibility of becoming long term.
As a Cashier, you will craft quality customer experiences by providing efficient, effective customer service in the checkout lane that creates a positive and lasting impact on Meijer customers.
Click for an overview of the position.
What You'll be Doing:
- Utilize technology to complete activities and tasks.
- You create 'WOW' moments that have a positive and lasting impact on our customers.
- Complete transactions, handle money in all forms responsibly and maintain accuracy of point of sale purchases.
- Use good eye contact and body language, displaying a friendly and outgoing attitude.
- Be prepared to handle customer questions adequately and appropriately.
- Build trustful relationships with customers to encourage return visits.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- 18 years of age or older.
- Strong listening and communications skills, face-to-face and virtually.
- Willingness to learn or existing familiarity with job-specific technology.
- Problem-solving competence and eagerness to troubleshoot when necessary.
- Desire to work with customers.
- Previous retail or customer experience preferred but not required.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Friendly outgoing attitude.
- Ability to operate cashier register system.