Coordinator, Alumni Relations
Job no: 501426
Department: Office of Alumni Relations
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Fund Raising, Development, Alumni
Status: Full Time
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel that ranks first nationally among publics for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. It is an exciting time to join University Advancement as Miami pursues the largest campaign in its history with a goal of $1 billion.
Working in the Alumni Association means working as a team, with a fun, collaborative and hardworking staff as we help to engage more than 235,000 alumni around the world. This role is a chance to make an impact on students and alumni while working on a variety of projects and programs across the whole spectrum of alumni relations.
The Alumni Relations Coordinator assists the Alumni Relations team with alumni events, programs, and operations designed to foster and strengthen the relationship between alumni and Miami University. The Coordinator represents the Alumni Relations team with internal and external constituencies through written, verbal, and in-person interactions. In addition to managing logistics for various events and programming, the Coordinator maintains alumni relations data integrity and can comfortably coordinate multiple projects at any given time. This position reports to the Director, Alumni Engagement and works collaboratively within a solution-focused, upbeat team to advance Miami University.
Miami University recognizes that technology enables us to find new ways of providing first class service and workplace flexibility. This position is approved for remote work on a hybrid basis. Remote work is a working arrangement that can be modified or revoked by Miami University at any time for any reason.
In alignment with Miami University’s statement on Diversity and Inclusion, University Advancement is committed to and fully embraces the philosophy and belief that a diverse community is among an institution's greatest strengths. The Division of University Advancement is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all people feel safe, valued, and respected. To view our full statement including our specific commitments, please visit our website: miamialum.org/DEI_statement.
- Manage the process and flow of alumni relations team data: input, integrity, and reporting in customer relationship management (CRM) and other database tools. Review, enter, report, research, update, and maintain alumni data to ensure accuracy.
- Coordinate with alumni team on logistics and execution of alumni relations programs and in-person, virtual, and hybrid events: create and manage event registration pages/RSVPs; prepare event materials such as name tags, registration lists, and other collateral; assist with the coordination of speakers and meetings; and serve as point of contact over email, phone and in-person to support event attendees.
- Work within established CRM templates to build event communications for alumni relations programs and events including: content creation and editing process; event email marketing; logistical coordination of mailings, emails; updating content on alumni program/event webpages.
- Ensure compliance with University policies and procedures regarding budget development, maintenance and expenditures. Additional financial and budgetary tasks including preparing and monitoring multiple budgets; preparing fiscal reports; processing contracts, payments, purchase orders.
- Operate and maintain accurate documentation, spreadsheets and other organizational tools within the Google suite of products and university/department databases, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the purchasing and production of branded giveaways and liaising with external vendors and internal partners responsible for finance and budget-related needs.
- Perform other responsibilities and projects as needed, including limited evening and weekend events.
- Associate Degree; Or minimum of two years relevant experience working directly with volunteers, donors and/or in customer service, special events, higher education, or related fields. Internships, volunteer work, and other experience gained during the completion of degree programs may be counted towards these requirements.
- Bachelor's degree with two years of experience in an office or business setting with demonstrated knowledge of applicable processes.
- Experience using email marketing tools, CRM, MS Office Suite and/or Google Suite.
- Experience with events, volunteers and donors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to communicate clearly and accurately in written and oral communications.
- Advanced knowledge of word processing, database, presentation graphics, spreadsheets (Word, Excel, Google) and other business applications.
- Must have professional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with diverse constituencies.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines and have excellent attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, detail and responsibility regarding information related to University business and confidential information.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for this position, please upload a cover letter, resume, and three professional references.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 21 Feb 2023 Eastern Standard Time