Director for Center of Analytics & Data Science
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job no: 500552
Department: Office of Research and Innovation
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Research, Scientific
Status: Full Time
Office of Research and Innovation: Director of the Center for Analytics and Data Science (CADS) reports to the Vice President for Research and Innovation and serves the mission of CADS by designing, implementing, and collaborating on programs that establish and promote positive, productive relationships between a wide range of individuals and organizations with an interest in furthering the application and research of analytics and data science. The Director assures that these mission-critical relationships for CADS are designed strategically, developed, nurtured, and maintained while focusing programs on the alignment of current and future academic goals of the University. The Director is responsible for devising strategies and messages that advance CADS goals to internal and external audiences.
The CADS Director will provide leadership and collaboration with Deans, academic Department Chairs, and the CADS Steering Committee on the continual development and improvement of programs and curriculum in analytics and data science; partner with the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations to expand the reach of CADS and support development efforts in the area of analytics; provide strategic planning and program development, including programming for Miami University students outside of traditional for-credit programs; communicate CADS initiatives to both internal and external audiences. In 2024, CADS will move into the new McVey Data Science Building and serve as a catalyst for collaborative opportunities in analytics and data science across the university.
The Director is accountable for the attainment and maintenance of Center revenue goals. This individual will facilitate collaborative, interdisciplinary opportunities for applied and/or discovery research, follow and implement local and national workforce, corporate and analytics industry trends, and oversee the CADS Corporate Analytics Training Program focusing on continuing education opportunities for the incumbent workforce. Additional duties include developing the strategic plan, implementing fundraising and business development support in the region, providing program and team leadership, supervising and developing staff, and may be called upon to teach up to one course per semester.
The Director of CADS will:
- Administer corporate analytics trainings:
- Deliver course content as needed
- Oversee delivery of course content by selected instructors
- Plan and develop new course content as needed
- Work with the Office of Research and Innovation to:
- Devise 3-year strategic plan that includes mini-milestone and deliverable dates
- Assess hiring needs and implement hiring strategy for an Assistant Director
- Work with Assistant Director to:
- Oversee Faculty Fellows Program
- Facilitate logistics for bootcamps (spring student bootcamp, January faculty bootcamp)
- Provide logistics support for the Faculty Fellow organizing DataFest
- Work with Administrative Assistant to:
- Oversee office budget
- Lead Fall and Spring CADS Board meetings
- Required: Master’s degree in statistics, information systems, data science or a closely related discipline and a minimum of five years of data analytics or systems coordination experience with increasing responsibility; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a variety of constituents, an understanding of university organization and administration, including development and fundraising, or curriculum and co-curriculum, or experience in building industry/university partnerships in the context of analytics; experience developing and implementing academic programming initiatives.
**Position not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit resume and cover letter. Inquiries may be directed to Rick Page at email@example.com.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
Screening of candidates begins August 8, 2022 and continues until the position is filled.
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 25 Jul 2022 Eastern Daylight Time