Donor Engagement Manager
The Donor Engagement Manager will support the growth of a portfolio of donors including the museum’s leadership annual giving program (Founders Society) and the Corporate Partnership Program. This position will help to develop new fundraising strategies in collaboration with the Philanthropy team that serves the institutional mission and supports exhibitions, education programs, events, and special projects. Responsibilities include prospect research and solicitation of new support and the ongoing engagement of existing donors. The ideal candidate will be seeking to grow in their knowledge and application of fundraising principles with a dynamic team of fundraising professionals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Working under the supervision of the Associate Director of Philanthropy, duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage stewardship of donors, including the fulfillment of Founders Society and Corporate Partner benefits, as well as recognition events.
- Develop and execute plans for Founders Society and Corporate solicitations and communications.
- Research and solicit corporate prospects with a focus on growing the Small & Emerging Business Partnership program.
- Ensure that invoices, acknowledgements and thank you letters are sent out in a timely manner.
- Work directly with Philanthropy team leadership to implement growth strategies that directly impact funding for exhibitions, programs, and events.
- Assist with research and corporate grant writing as needed.
- Attend Philanthropy events as needed.
- Support the Associate Director of Philanthropy in outreach, stewardship, and retention of major funders of the Cincinnati Art Museum.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree with 2 years of development work and/or related experience.
- Prefer at least one year of experience in fundraising/development or sales/marketing.
- Candidate must possess excellent communication and writing skills.
- Creative thinking and strategy skills are important in this role to help move the Philanthropy team towards yearly goals and expectations.
- Proficiency in database, word processing, and other relevant computer programs.
- The ideal candidate will possess a business-professional and friendly demeanor while representing the museum and work well in a team environment.
- Candidate must be willing to work occasional evening events as needed.
- After starting the role in the office full-time, a hybrid work schedule can be considered.
- Local travel required.
Salary Range: $45,000 - $50,000
Apply for Donor Engagement Manager using the link below:
Position open until filled. No phone calls please.
The Cincinnati Art Museum is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.