Equity and Equal Opportunity Specialist
Job No: 501405
Department: Equity & Equal Opportunity
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Administration, Human Resources, Office, Clerical, Administrative Support
Status: Full Time
The Equity and Equal Opportunity Specialist in the Office of Equity and Equal Opportunity (“OEEO”) will be responsible for assisting with the creation and implementation of the University’s annual Affirmative Action Programs (“AAP”), compliance with applicable federal and state regulations and University policies, and provide high-level administrative support for the department.
The Equity and Equal Opportunity Specialist will support the OEEO’s mission of promoting fairness and justice, ensuring that each member of the Miami University community is and feels included, and will foster a diverse and welcoming environment that is equally accessible for all who live, learn, work and participate in activities at Miami University.
- Maintain the data collection and tracking of all employment-related activity (hires, promotions, lateral moves, etc.) for the AAPs; assist with preparing the data for upload into the AAP software system and the creation of the University’s annual AAPs.
- Review and approve position requisitions and hiring recommendations in the University’s applicant tracking system to ensure fairness and equity; place advertising with OEEO resources; work with departments/divisions, Human Resources ("HR") and Academic Personnel ("AcP") to resolve issues.
- Conduct applicant flow data reviews on applicant pools for searches.
- Assist with the development of recruitment strategies and annual presentations for University and divisional leadership.
- Prepare data for required federal and state reports; certify affirmative action programs and respond to internal requests for affirmative action and equal employment opportunity information.
- Oversee compliance for voluntary self-identification reminders and invitations.
- Provide guidance to departments/divisions regarding related federal/state/local regulations, University policies, and OEEO guidelines, and assist departments in solution delivery.
- Foster and maintain relationships with the HR, AcP, and other assigned department/division liaisons and representatives.
- Represent Miami University at local job fairs.
- Assist with investigative research and data preparation for analysis and reporting as needed.
- Assist OEEO staff in the development of training materials.
- Employment compliance records retention and file management
- Schedule trainings and other meetings
- General office duties (opening office, greeting visitors, answering phones, etc.)
- Serve as building point of contact
- Serve as backup for other EEO Specialists within the office
- Other employment compliance and administrative duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and one (1) year of related experience (affirmative action, equal opportunity, human resources, etc.);
- Associate’s degree and three (3) years of related experience (affirmative action, equal opportunity, human resources, etc.);
- Five (5) or more years of related experience (affirmative action, equal opportunity, human resources, etc.).
**Related experience gained during the completion of degree programs may be counted towards these requirements.
- Affirmative action or human resources certification.
- Experience with office management.
- Experience creating, implementing, and managing affirmative action programs.
- Experience with applicant tracking systems, human resource information systems, and/or enterprise resource planning systems.
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of office-related software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent reasoning and organizational skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to make decisions based on complex information.
- Ability to manage highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to complete projects in a timely manner and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and foster positive relationships.
- Ability to travel for professional development opportunities.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends, and an adjusted schedule as needed.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please include a resume, cover letter, and a list of three (3) professional references.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 14 Feb 2023 Eastern Standard Time