The Event Lead assists the Supervisor or Manager on duty with various aspects of beverage sales and events at Fountain Square, Washington Park, Zeigler Park, Memorial Hall, Court Street and Imagination Alley in accordance with the established policies and procedures. At times, the Event Lead is responsible for overseeing the Civic Space event set up or teardown. Functions include assisting with beverage sales, customer service, managing bartenders and operations staff members, safety and rule enforcement.
- Work with customer service representatives to exceed patrons’ expectations for customer service, quality and cleanliness.
- Enforce posted rules as needed to promote positive experiences for all patrons.
- Ensure proper cleaning procedure is executed as outlined for the civic space.
- Support and assist with the on-site experience for vendors and sponsors.
- Work closely with the event management team to ensure the event and beverage sales are set up and taken down properly.
- Manage the bar setup, sales and daily tasks while supervising the customer service representatives.
- Oversee site staff and volunteers, as scheduled, to execute events.
- Take initiative during an event, from start to finish, to ensure complete client satisfaction.
- Troubleshoot problems that may occur while on shift, including missing product, malfunctioning equipment, layout revisions and staffing concerns.
- Ability to take direction from and report information to direct supervisors.
- Completes required paperwork and checklists for shifts in a timely and thorough manner per the reporting requirements, including end-of-shift reporting and product inventory.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by their immediate supervisor and other management as required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Personable, positive and enthusiastic attitude with capability to deal effectively with people (both internal and external).
- Relevant facility management and event management experience required.
- Experience with the arts preferred for shifts at Memorial Hall.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, work habits and consistent follow-through.
- Able to make good decisions quickly in stressful situations.
- Sense of initiative with desire to become truly involved in the business and the downtown communities.
Licenses, Credentials, Certifications:
- Serv Safe or TIPS certified preferred.
Skills or specialized knowledge:
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Mental requirements: compare, decide direct, problem-solve, analyze, instruct, and interpret.
- The ability to work well under stress.
- Job requires lifting 50lbs. (e.g. beer cases, bags of ice, bags of salt) and at least 8 hours on one’s feet in the elements.
- Must be age 21 or older and be able to work 10-28 hours per week, holidays, primarily evenings and weekends.
This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. It is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or work conditions associated with the job. Furthermore, the employer reserves the right to revise or change the job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.