Greeter- 2nd Shift PT
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you're provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family - take care of your career and your community!
- Weekly pay
- Scheduling flexibility
- Paid parental leave
- Paid education assistance
- Care.com/back-up care assistance
- Team member discount
- Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
This position will be responsible for enhancing and supporting the safety and security of customers and team members through friendly engagement while providing a positive and professional presence.
What You'll be Doing:
- Maintain a continual presence at the assigned entry/exit within the store, providing friendly and efficient service to customers and team members as well as deterring inappropriate behavior.
- Respond, resolve and document EAS (Electronic Article Surveillance) alarms.
- Alert Store Detectives to suspicious persons and/or situations and may act as a witness during apprehension situations.
- Direct emergency response personnel to area of incident.
- Ensure physical security of customer entry and exit access points.
- Resolve safety concerns and escalates to appropriate leadership personnel for resolution.
- Assist in mitigating customer complaints/concerns and engaging appropriate leadership personnel as necessary.
- Prevent/deter theft and fraud through physical presence and customer engagement.
- May be required to testify in court if necessary.
- Accurately document merchandise recoveries.
- Practice 200% safety for self and other.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Prior asset protection experience preferred.
- Basic understanding of behavioral safety strategies.
- Ability to learn and understand fire and security systems, including EAS Systems.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Word and report writing.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- Commitment to reliable and consistent attendance.
- Ability to interact with all customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Can demonstrate knowledge of product locations and possess the ability to precisely direct customers based upon that knowledge.