Intern Customer & Facility Services
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job no: 500784
Department: Recreational Sports Center
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Retail, Athletics, Recreation
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Intern Customer & Facility Services
Salary/Grade: $25,000 - $30,000
Hours Per Week: 40
Supports the Office of Recreational Sports Customer Service Areas (Pro Shop, Reception, Equipment Checkout and Facility Supervision) under the direction of the Director. Provides support to meet user group requests and special event needs.
- Responsible for 1-2 shifts of pro shop manager coverage/week.
- Works at least 6-12 student hours per week.
- Direct supervision to recruit, hire, train, schedule, supervise, and evaluate Customer Service staff (50-60 student staff).
- Direct supervision of 6-8 Student Manager staff including recruiting, training, supervising, scheduling, evaluating, and weekly meetings
- Organizes and conducts annual All-Staff training sessions and monthly student staff meetings.
- Responsible for revision for all staff training videos, presentations, and checklists.
- Responsible for posting/updating facility reservations sheets within the RSC, including specific activity areas.
- Assists with facility coverage and other departmental special events at the RSC including planning, staffing, and evaluation; integral part of the Event Management Team.
- Assists with special event requests, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Serve on various RSC committees including Student Development Committee and others.
- Works with the Director researching, reviewing, recommending, and initiating new opportunities, changes, and/or action plans to office/facility customer services, policies, procedures, and/or customer offerings.
- Assists with management of the Reception Control, Equipment Checkout, Informal Recreation Coordinator, and Pro Shop areas assuring accountability, efficiency, friendliness, and total quality customer service for both external and internal customers.
- Receive training in Reception/Equipment, Pro Shop, Informal Recreational Coordinator and Special Event staff areas.
- Assist with retail management processes such as ordering, tracking and control processes
- Coordinating student staff committees to promote student leadership, motivation, communication, and development.
- Responsible for investigating and reviewing customer complaints.
- Attend state, regional, and national conferences/meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working in a collegiate, recreational sports environment or relevant experience related to job functions listed above.
Must have current CPR/First Aid, BBP and AED certifications/ acquired within 30 days of hire.
Computer experience required
- Strong customer service skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Preferred experience in using Microsoft Office.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 15 Aug 2022 Eastern Daylight Time