At Cincinnati’s Ronald McDonald House, we have a culture of fun, collaboration, gratitude, and compassion. The Kitchen Assistant must be thorough and timely and serve as a reliable support to the culinary team. Most importantly, be passionate about people and helping others succeed!
The Kitchen Assistant is responsible for keeping the kitchen clean, organized, and safe as we serve our guest families. This person will also be responsible for unloading food deliveries and keeping the pantry organized.
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF:
- You are reliable and proud of your work.
- You are meticulous about detail and accuracy while working effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- You enjoy building relationships with a diverse group of people.
- You have an upbeat and professional demeanor.
- You are timely, great at prioritizing, and multi-tasking.
- You have good communication skills.
- You are highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Have a service mentality.
- You want to love what you do and make an impact!
Reports to: Taste of Hope Chef
- Self-starter and reliable
- Great people skills
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Mission thoughtful
- Practice confidentiality
- Keep the kitchen clean, sanitized and safe
- Be timely and reliable
- Serve with our Core Values
- Lead with our Core Values (Collaboration, Gratitude, Integrity, Inclusion, Joy)
Compassion; Trustworthy; Ethical conduct; Sound decision making; Interpersonal/team effectiveness; Self-starter; Organized; Action-oriented; Flexible
- Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out thoroughly and timely.
- Wash pots and pans, dishware, and cutlery. Using a high temperature commercial dishwasher. Make sure chemical and temperatures are at a safe operating level
- Clean food preparation, dish, and storage areas and kitchen equipment
- Unload food, and equipment deliveries. Rotating stock FIFO
- Keep serving line stocked with dishes, cutlery, and trays
- Keep work surfaces and walls clean and sanitized.
- Take out trash to dumpster.
- Sweep and Mop floors keeping them clean and free of spills.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Provide friendly interactions to volunteers and TOH work groups. Assist and support the volunteer host and fill in any gaps that occur with providing direction or support to TOH groups.
- Follow all food safety and emergency procedure protocols
This job operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as an oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, fryer, mixer, and commercial grade knives. The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, fire, and noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral
instructions and procedures.
This is a four day a week full-time position with benefits at $15.00 an hour. Work hours are flexible and include both day, evenings and weekend hours.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.