HCDC, Inc. seeks a full-time Loan Officer, who markets and sells the Lending Programs administered by HCDC. Loan Officers are responsible for creating, developing, and managing lending relationships that help to grow the overall mission of HCDC. HCDC, Inc. has a lending territory that spans the entire State of Ohio, the Commonwealth of Kentucky, plus a portion of Southeast Indiana. We offer the right candidate an opportunity to be part of a small, close-knit, and highly collaborative team of seasoned lending professionals in a casual work environment while expanding their knowledge and expertise of the industry.
- Understand all aspects of loan programs offered by HCDC, Inc. including the SBA 504, State of Ohio 166, and SBA Intermediary Loan Program, and be an expert regarding the SBA 504 Loan Program’s eligibility, processing, closing, and requirements.
- Identify and market loan programs to potential borrowers, lending partners, and other referral sources.
- Conduct ongoing business development activities, including participation in various community events and organizations as a representative of HCDC
- Conduct group and individual training for third-party lenders and other referral sources
- Host marketing and educational events for lenders and other referral sources to encourage business partnerships
- Meet with business owners and lending partners to determine borrowing needs, and as appropriate, initiation of an SBA 504 loan.
- Properly structure and ensure new loan requests are eligible and in compliance with SBA program policies, including the SBA Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- Facilitate the collection of all required financial and general business information so as to assist in the preparation of the underwriting process
- Accurately portray/describe the project to the loan underwriting team
- Effectively manage multiple loan projects from start to credit underwriting and maintain timely and effective communication with customers, lending partners, SBA, and internal teammates.
- Continue engagement with existing prospects, applicants, customers, third-party lenders, and other referral sources to nurture relationships for HCDC’s benefit.
- Provide a high level of service to all clients, lending partners, and other referral sources, consistently exceeding expectations.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- FBI Background check clearance.
- Some travel may be required.
- Must reside in OH, KY, or Southeast IN
- Two or more years of experience in commercial lending or banking environment
- SBA lending experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills demonstrating tact, diplomacy, professionalism, and a positive demeanor
- Ability to evaluate, analyze, and assess credit risk. Able to interpret and understand financial statements, ratios, financial strategies, and various accounting issues and principles
- High level of judgment and decision-making skills that allow for defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions
- Problem-solving skills including identifying the root cause, envisioning future needs, and correcting/planning accordingly
- Computer skills and comfortability utilizing various technology including Microsoft Office Applications, Google Workspace Applications, and other web-based systems
- Time management skills including multitasking, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines for a wide variety of tasks
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
Job Type: Full-time Exempt
Salary Range: Base Compensation DOQ, plus uncapped incentive opportunity
- HSA employer contribution of $1500 per year
- 401(k) with 4% employer match
- Additional annual contribution to 401(k) depending on organizational results
- Life Insurance of 2x annual salary, max=$200k (employer-paid)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance (employer-paid)
- 18 Vacation Days accrued annually to start (increases with tenure)
- 6 Sick Days accrued annually
- 9 Paid Holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer
HCDC, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. HCDC, Inc. believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve.
To learn more about HCDC and this position, please feel free to visit our website at www.hcdc.com/career-opportunities.
Please respond with resume to: email@example.com