One Stop Coordinator & University Veteran Certifying Official
Job no: 501220
Department: One Stop Services
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Enrollment Services
Status: Full Time
Provides excellent customer service and problem resolution in a high-volume environment. Resolves inquiries by phone, in person, and by email communication with students, families, staff, and other parties. Counsels parents and students in the areas of financial aid, billing, and registration and provides a referral to other offices as needed. Serves as the Veteran Certifying Official for the University.
This position is approved for remote work on a hybrid basis. Remote work is not a right, but a working arrangement that can be modified or revoked by Miami University at any time for any reason.
- Delivers presentations to students, parents, University staff and to the external community on topics related to billing, financial aid, and registration.
- Provides support for University outreach to targeted populations.
- Processes registration forms and academic records such as Independent Study forms, schedule changes, enrollment verification requests, transcripts. Requires in-depth knowledge in divisional and departmental policies, withdrawals, and re-enrollment processes.
- Performs independent special projects as needed such as representing on University committees, reviewing and submitting updates for the website, maintenance of data in our ticketing system.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Serves as the first contact to students and the university community in the areas of residency and the use of veteran's benefits. Keeps current with federal, state and University policies, procedures and regulations.
- Serves as the Veteran Certifying Official for the University. This includes using professional development in the review and administration of the certification of educational assisted benefits; end of the semester reporting; submitting billing request for tuition and fee payment; creation of a communication plan for veteran outreach; assistance with National Guard billing eligibility; eligibility for the Yellow Ribbon Program; counseling at the Veteran’s Lounge; and, active participation in audits while adhering to the guidelines set by the federal government.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree, or Associate's Degree with at least one year of experience working full or part-time in a customer related field, or at least four years of experience working full-time in a customer related field.
- Previous experience in working with military affiliated students.
- Experience with conducting reviews and making eligibility determination of veteran benefits for students.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the federal veteran programs, eligibility and reporting requirements.
- Student financial aid or registration or student accounts/billing experience in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated project management and public speaking skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to serve customers graciously, quickly and accurately.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Must be able to attend functions off campus and work evening and weekend hours as needed; some travel may be required.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 04 Jan 2023 Eastern Standard Time