Pharmacy Technician Entry Level
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you're provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family - take care of your career and your community!
- Weekly pay
- Scheduling flexibility
- Paid parental leave
- Paid education assistance
- Care.com/back-up care assistance
- Team member discount
- Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
The position must practice the profession of pharmacy in an environment that by philosophy and policy promotes patient care. This person must be friendly and provide remarkable customer service to enhance overall patient health.
What You'll be Doing:
- Retrieving the appropriate medication from inventory.
- Inputting customer and prescription information in the pharmacy dispensing system.
- Creating prescription labels and adjudicating insurance claims.
- Completing paperwork related to filling prescriptions and receiving drug orders.
- Ordering prescription medication for the Pharmacy Department.
- Stocking prescription medication.
- Promoting pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to the customer.
- Prioritizing workload.
- Using effective communication skills and be agent of change.
- Maintaining a clean and orderly pharmacy for a professional appearance.
- Maintaining confidentiality of patient information.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- High School/GED.
- Retail/Community Practice experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Proficient typing skills.
- Neat and legible penmanship.
- Organizational skills.
- Prioritizing skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Professional appearance.