Program Manager - DEI
The Program Manager, DEI & Community Outreach is responsible for implementing volunteer-powered program delivery strategy, engaging with organizations to encourage community mobilization/partnerships and supporting the chapter’s overall programs and services as well as health systems initiatives.
This is a grant funded position through September 30, 2022 with the possibility of longer employment.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Increase reach of Alzheimer’s Association Common Programs with special emphasis on increasing participation with the African American, Hispanic, and LGBTQ communities in the Chapter’s 37 county area.
- Build and expand the Alzheimer’s Association education programs and support groups by recruiting Community Volunteer Educators/Support Group Facilitators and ensure high quality experience by attendees.
- Engage and manage relationships with community partners to expand the Alzheimer’s Association’s visibility and programmatic reach within assigned area.
- Maintain accurate records through our data management system.
- Represent the chapter as needed at community events and networking groups.
- Lead and conduct Community Forums, with particular focus on the African American, Hispanic, and LGBTQ communities in order to develop an informed and community-focused plan for service delivery.
- Develop new, sustainable strategic community partnerships and volunteer supporters in an effort to increase the reach of the Association, with particular attention to reaching diverse communities.
- Build referral partnerships with social service agencies, service providers and congregations.
- Analyze service data to identify gaps in delivery and create opportunities for increased volunteer engagement.
- Assist with Helpline calls and Care Consultations as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Nursing, Gerontology, Public Health, or related field
- 2 years’ experience managing program implementation
- 2 years’ experience managing programs
- At least one year of experience in community outreach, community mobilization or organizational capacity building projects/initiatives
- Must possess valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, proof of insurance and good driving record
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated success working with diverse teams to identify, create, launch and maintain strategic partnerships
- Demonstrated success conducting outreach within the African American, Hispanic, and LGBTQ communities
- Strong communication skills to engage in person and in print and electronic communication
- Ability to anticipate, identify, organize and/or analyze growth opportunities and to make data driven decisions that lead to programmatic recommendations to leadership.
- Ability to make presentations at networking events and general community as needed.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% within the assigned territory by car. Travel in this case, is considered time spent away from the office, in the community, to fulfil the job goals. While most such travel is same day, occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the job
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products, Google suite and; experience with, or ability to rapidly learn the Personify CRM database and Zoom.
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift, and transport up to 20lbs of materials
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Work Hours: Full-time (based on a 37.5 hour work week)
Reports To: Program Director