Program Manager, International Student & Scholar Services
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job no: 500457
Department: Global Initiatives
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Program Manager, International Student & Scholar Services
Hours Per Week:
The Program Manager for International Student and Scholar Services is responsible for supporting the development and delivery of high-impact programs, events, activities, resources and advocacy to help international students, international scholars and other international visitors integrate and succeed at Miami University. This position will have a strong grasp of administrative processes, communicating across cultures and providing comprehensive student support.
Global Initiatives at Miami University has diversity as a core value and the Program Manager will be a member of a team that is building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for students, staff, and faculty through programming that exposes constituents to a broad range of ways of engaging with the world and the diversity it presents.
-Assist with planning, coordination, and implementation of effective programs, activities, and excursions for international students, including but not limited to: orientation program for new international students each fall and spring and other non-credit international programs in the summer
- Contribute to development of programs for international students related to academic, social, cultural, and personal matters that can impact academic success
- Arrange logistics for in-person and online programs, events and excursions
- Maintain records and data related to international programs, activities and events
- Provide support to student leaders, student organizations, and other events and initiatives that promote internationalization, inclusion and diversity across campus
- Manage day-to-day operations, maintenance and supervision of the International Student Center
- Contribute to communication and collaborative relationships with various constituents, including but not limited: student leaders, University partners, and the City of Oxford community
- Support and maintain the marketing and communication efforts for International Student and Scholar Services
- Recruit and train International Peer Orientation Leaders and other student worker positions
- Collaborate with International Student and Scholar Services team on assessing programs and initiatives to meet goals and improve services
- Attend evening and weekend activities as needed during certain times of the year
- Support and maintain policies related to procurement, accounts payable, personnel, payroll, volunteering, participant travel and other office standards
- Other duties as assigned, provided they support the mission of the International Student and Scholar Services and Global Initiatives.
Required: Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree and at least 3 years of related experience, or 8+ years of related experience; experience with program or event planning; demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations of learners and associates.
This position is not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
Consideration may be given to candidates with experience working with international students or in international education; experience studying, living, or working abroad; proficiency in a language other than English; experience with university systems such as Cvent, Buyway, Banner, Slate, and Canvas; ability to work independently and collaboratively with initiative.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit cover letter and resume. Inquiries may be directed to Katherine Wayt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
Date to Begin Screening Applicants:
Screening of applications will begin June 23, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled.
Benefits Eligible: Yes
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 09 Jun 2022 Eastern Daylight Time