Rec Center Facility Manager
Job no: 501419
Department: Recreational Sports Center
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Athletics, Recreation
Status: Part Time
The facility manager will provide basic oversight of the Recreational Sports Center with assistance from a team of student and full-time staff.
- Attend to basic pro shop and reception area duties (stock shelves, sell products, answer questions, check out equipment)
- Assist with injuries and urgent situations (i.e. fire, tornado, power outages)
- Oversee basic building cleanliness and organization, contacting appropriate staff or submitting work orders for issues that arise
- Assure appropriate staff are completing duties in their areas
- High school diploma or GED
- CPR / First Aid / AED Training or within 30 days of hire
- Bloodborne Pathogen Training or within 30 days of hire
- Serve Safe Certification or within 30 days of hire
- Previous experience in customer service or recreational facility setting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to interact with customers and staff
- Work in a team and independently able to make decisions
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and work on feet for extended periods of time
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 21 Feb 2023 Eastern Standard Time