Senior Assistant Bursar for Technology
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job no: 500637
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Enrollment Services
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Senior Assistant Bursar for Technology
Hours Per Week: 40
The Senior Assistant Bursar for Technology will lead efforts to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of Bursar operations and systems and will serve as the office functional lead for all systems.
As a member of the office’s leadership team, this position will have direct oversight of staff, which will include hiring, training, supervision, and evaluations for performance.
- Lead and supervise all the tasks and day-to-day operational duties for the Ellucian Banner student system and the Nelnet Payment forms. This includes oversight of these systems as well as training for Bursar staff and other University departments on all campuses.
- Coordinate and facilitate interfaces from third party systems to Banner
- Support and create eMarket sites for the University community. This includes responsibility for table setup, data integrity, and system security of all Bursar systems
- Develop, produce, and interpret departmental ad hoc and production support reports using university supported query/reporting and desktop tools
- Develop, implement and maintain statistical analyses used for benchmarking
- Represent the Bursar’s office on various teams involved in the cross-functional system and procedural issues and in public settings
- Participation on university committees to ensure bursar and financial policies are followed and internal controls are enforced
- Provide financial advising for students and parents, protecting the financial integrity of the University and meeting FERPA requirements, through written and verbal communication
- Plan and coordinate calendar events relative to system production, such as billing, financial aid disbursements, registration scheduling, fiscal year-end financial reporting
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree OR three years experience in a like position
- Experience with Ellucian Banner student and/or similar ERP
- Supervisory experience
- Familiarity with federal financial aid and cash management regulations
- Experience in a customer service environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analytical problem solving and critical thinking skills, strong communication skills, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Enthusiasm for innovation and quality customer service in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 13 Jul 2022 Eastern Daylight Time