As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you're provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family - take care of your career and your community!
- Weekly pay
- Scheduling flexibility
- Paid parental leave
- Paid education assistance
- Care.com/back-up care assistance
- Team member discount
- Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Ensures a safe and secure environment for customers, team members, and vendors. Responsible for investigating of internal and external theft, to include ORC (Organized Retail Crime) activity. Seeks best practices and continuous improvement in all aspects of Asset Protection and safety by focusing on proactive and preventive activities that enhance profitability.
What You'll be Doing:
- Visually inspects building exterior/parking lot to ensure potential hazards are mitigated.
- Conducts walking inspections of backroom and sales floor.
- Reviews cashier exception reports .
- Conducts internal theft surveillance .
- Reviews theft activity reports and follows up as necessary .
- Conducts shoplifting surveillance.
- Reports safety hazards to Store Leadership so they can be addressed.
- Tests and inspects camera equipment for effective operation.
- Reviews alarm system printer for suspicious activity.
- Participates in apprehension of those in violation of the law and assists in prosecution of external theft cases.
- Engages in extensive documentation and report writing (ensures required documentation is complete and incident history is appropriately written to include pertinent facts that may be required for litigation).
- Testifies in criminal court and/or civil court proceedings.
- Adheres to all safety practices, principles, guidelines and policies.
- Practices 200% safety accountability.
- Performs other duties as required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in security or at least 1 year of work experience.