Ticket Sales and Operations Assistant Manager
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job no: 500465
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Athletics, Recreation
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Ticket Sales and Operations Assistant Manager
Hours Per Week: Full-time
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in generating sales and supporting the operational unit of the athletic ticket office.
- Customer service - overseeing all customer service related activity within the office including initiating improvements.
- Responsible for maintaining the office email account and all correspondence within. Train student employees to assist with the email account.
- Responsible for maintaining social media accounts for the athletic ticket office and finding ways to increase sales with better utilization.
- Sell a full menu of ticket products for Miami’s five ticketed varsity sports via outbound phone calls and face-to-face presentations including, but not limited to, season tickets, flex ticket packages, group tickets, premium tickets, and premium hospitality packages.
- Build relationships and expand business with current ticket holders and cold call new prospects and referrals to drive revenue.
- Achieve and exceed quarterly and monthly sales and operation goals established by the management team.
- Lead sales campaigns for Women’s Volleyball and Women’s Basketball, assist with sales campaigns for Football, Men’s Basketball and Men’s Ice Hockey.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Detail oriented
- Must be willing to work weekends, evenings and some holidays. Must also be able to travel to some away athletic events. Efficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; must demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Experience working and communicating with diverse groups of people.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, sports management or related field. One to three years of sales and customer service experience, can be experience obtained during college and not as a full time position. Ticket software experience, specifically with Paciolan. Experience in maintaining a CRM.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills, excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, good time management skills and the ability to self-motivate.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 06 Jun 2022 Eastern Daylight Time