Web Marketing Specialist
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job no: 500789
Department: University Communications and Marketing
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: PR, Media, Graphics, Communications
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Web Marketing Specialist
Salary/Grade: $50,000 - $55,000
Hours Per Week: 40
The Web Marketing Specialist works as liaison and first point of contact between the University Communications and Marketing web team, university web editors, and vendor partners. The successful candidate will contribute to the communications and implementation of web requests for Miami University, Ohio.
Professional development is essential to our teams. The person in this position will have opportunities to learn all aspects of web production and cross-training in other marketing and communications areas.
This position is eligible for full-time remote work. Remote work is not a right; it is a work arrangement that can be modified or revoked by Miami University at any time for any reason, including for the convenience of the University.
- Collaborate with University Communications and Marketing (UCM) teams and other
- university divisions.
- Assist with online marketing efforts and successfully produce external-facing websites, ensuring adherence to brand standards and best practices.
- Create web pages, training, troubleshooting, and general problem-solving to meet marketing and communication objectives.
- The successful candidate will develop web and online projects focusing on information organization, search engine optimization, and accessibility.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Interactive Media, or other related fields and at least one (1) year of internship or professional experience in the creation and maintenance of websites; OR
- Associate's degree in Communications, Marketing, Interactive Media, or other related fields and at least three (3) years of internship or professional experience; OR
- At least five (5) years of related professional experience.
**Position not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
- Experience developing information architecture
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to resize and optimize images for web use
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate effectively with a broad range of campus constituencies and work as part of a cross-functional team
- Ability to manage multiple projects for on-time delivery
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience building or maintaining websites using content management systems, such as Cascade Server, Drupal, or WordPress
- Experience providing customer support and/or training
- Strong attention to detail, good customer service skills, and the ability to organize and prioritize multiple requests/projects are essential skills for this position.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 02 Sep 2022 Eastern Daylight Time