Xavier University is part of a 500-year-old Jesuit, Catholic tradition of academic excellence and strong values, and is committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences.
The Office of Marketing and Communications seeks applications for a motivated, forward-thinking graphic designer to assist in developing and maintaining Xavier’s visual identity across multiple platforms, from traditional print to digital and motion graphics. Potential candidates should possess a positive attitude, demonstrated ability to function within a collaborative team, and a passion for creativity. The Office of Marketing and Communications strives to maintain a consistent, yet innovative visual identity that leads the industry and provides all users a positive, efficient experience. The ideal candidate will possess the tools and experience to help further this goal.
The Ideal Candidate. . .
- Embraces and is passionate about creative expression through visual design.
- Has thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Is current on the latest industry trends and keeps up with new technologies.
- Works well with others and has demonstrated experience in a collaborative environment.
- Is comfortable and thorough in supporting campus users in developing marketing communications to best reach their specific audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience in traditional print design
- Experience in creating digital assets for web and social
- Customer service and project management experience
Salary is in the low to mid 50’s and based on experience. As an expression of its Jesuit Catholic mission, Xavier University maintains a comprehensive compensation program which recognizes the dignity of each person and is directed at attracting, retaining, and rewarding an accomplished and diverse faculty and staff. Xavier supports a total compensation program including salary and benefits like medical, tuition remission, retirement, vacation, professional development, and more.
To ensure consideration, consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit the following by August 9, 2022
- Submit a resume
- Cover letter about your interest
- Candidates are asked to include with their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Names and contact information of three professional references
- Supply a link to a digital portfolio of your work
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Xavier University requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees will be required to provide vaccination status upon on-boarding. Vaccine exemptions may be granted for medical or religious reasons.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible dependents.