Jr. Graphic Designer
As the global leader in the manufacturing and marketing of decorative surfacing materials, Formica® Corporation offers its customers the best performing products in the industry. We have an outstanding opportunity for an early career professional at our North American headquarters as a Graphic Designer.
The Graphic Designer will be an integral part of the Formica Marketing and Design Team reporting to the Creative Director. This role is responsible for a range of design projects including print, collateral, packaging, and digital graphic design materials that contribute to product launches, promotions, trade shows and other integrated marketing activities. A dynamic, cross-functional role, the Graphic Designer partners with Creative Services and Design, Digital Marketing, Samples and Purchasing, Sales and the Marketing Segment Team.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. S/he will be responsible for managing complex design projects with a high attention to detail and accuracy. S/he must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize work and meet multiple deadlines.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop and produce marketing materials and sales tools including, but not limited to: flyers, brochures, print advertisements, digital banners, web graphics, architectural sampling tools, Home Center displays, etc. Deliver materials on time and within the determined budget.
- Support North American Marketing strategic initiatives through the development of graphics and logos, brand collateral, print materials, technical briefs, web graphics, trade show displays, etc. Work with internal partners to understand creative mandate and manage external vendors to ensure on brand, on time and on budget delivery.
- In partnership with other members of the Creative Services Team, share responsibility for the firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail inbox, sending out assets, answering questions or finding answers for customers, sales team members or other requestors.
- Work daily with high proficiency in Creative Cloud platforms: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator. Keep skills up to date as programs and technology evolve, participating regularly in continuing education opportunities.
- Manage samples program execution with external vendors and Formica Samples Department, proactively overseeing timelines and communicating effectively to key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-company partners, outside agencies, collators, printers and others.
- As needed, art direct photography for print and digital materials, overseeing vendors and shoot activities to deliver photo assets based on brand, product strategy and target audience.
- Work on an organized internal server within a team environment. Use Workfront project management system (knowledge of Workfront not required, but must be willing to learn) for tasks, projects and deadlines.
- Assist with large scale graphic production to support custom graphic product line.
- Other design projects as assigned by Management.
Skills and Requirements:
- 3-5 years’ experience working in graphic design in a corporate, non-profit or agency environment. (Robust internship/co-experiences considered)
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design, Art, Marketing or related field.
- Strong expertise and experience in Creative Cloud programs — Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign. Ability to pass a proficiency test in these programs.
- Expertise in typography and working within brand guidelines as demonstrated by personal portfolio.
- Ability to prepress files for printers.
- Solid understanding of digital and design technology and willingness to learn new platforms as needed.
- Organized, deadline-oriented designer who can work quickly with an excellent eye for detail.
- Motivated and accountable self-starter who can tackle challenges with a customer-centric attitude.
- Good presentation, writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in Sitecore CMS (or other CMS platforms) and experience with web design preferred.
To apply, please visit our Career Center at http://www.formica.com/en/us/careers.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Vets.
Only qualified individuals (those who meet the fundamental qualifications) will be considered as applicants for this position. Applications will be accepted for a minimum of 3 business days from the date of the initial posting.