Assistant Field Manager
The College of Medicine, Hoxworth Blood Center is recruiting an Assistant Field Manager in the Donor Services Division. This position will support the University's mission and commitment to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff, and all our activities.
Saving lives is no easy task, but at Hoxworth Blood Center, it's what we do every day and we're looking for positive, professional individuals to join our team and help advance our lifesaving mission. If you're a detail-oriented individual with experience in customer service, an interest in the field of medicine, and a passion for making a difference in the lives of others, then we invite you to apply for a position at Hoxworth Blood Center.
This position requires friendly, patient, reliable individuals that will be responsible for assisting in leading a team taking vital signs, performing venipuncture, and providing post-donation care for our community of volunteer blood donors. As the Assistant Field Manager, you will fill in for Field Managers with taking charge of the entire operation in their absence. Experience in customer service and phlebotomy is ideal; previous supervisory/leadership experienced, excellent communication skills, a focus on quality, and the ability to work a flexible schedule are essential. This position offers opportunities for career advancement, mentorship, and continued education.
- Assist in monitoring operations to ensure high quality customer service and quality assurance compliance; evaluate recruitment and collection goals and necessary steps to reach the goal.
- Perform special donation procedures, ensuring compliance with federal, state and local regulations, as well as Hoxworth Blood Center Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Serve as process improvement liaison; perform in-process checks; collect and disseminate process data and reports; participate in quality improvement teams.
- Act as role model through demonstration of professionalism for donor services staff (i.e., fulfilling Hoxworth Blood Center mission, providing donor care, dress code, attendance, etc.).
- Assist administration staff with implementing changes to the organization.
- Recommend and provide training to donor services staff. Assign work; ensure proper workflow of the unit; act as lead worker.
- Serve as site supervisor in the absence of the Field Manager.
- May provide direct and/or indirect supervision to exempt and non-exempt staff (i.e., hiring/firing, performance evaluations, disciplinary action, approve time off, etc.).
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
- Bachelor’s Degree must be in healthcare management or related field.
- Seven (7) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
Five (5) years related phlebotomy experience.
Additional Qualifications Considered
One (1) year supervisory and/or staff training/mentoring experience.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Sitting - Continuously
- Repetitive hand motion (such as typing) - Continuously
- Hearing, listening - Continuously
- Talking - Continuously
- Standing - Continuously
- Walking - Continuously
- Bending - Continuously
- Lifting - up to 20 pounds - Continuously
- Stooping - Often
- Climbing stairs/ladders - Often
- Pulling, pushing - Often
- Kneeling, squatting - Seldom
- Crouching - Seldom
- Reaching overhead - Seldom
- Lifting - up to 50 pounds - Seldom
- Lifting - over 50 pounds - Seldom
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
Job Seekers Welcome!
Follow this link to access Hoxworth job postings at the University of Cincinnati: