Case Manager with The HealthCare Connection in Cincinnati, OH
Are you passionate about providing patients with the best quality care and access to resources and services? Do you wish to make a difference by helping create the best quality of life for patients while working with a dedicated, caring healthcare team? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are currently seeking a Case Manager to provide case management and outreach services to help our high risk/complex patient population achieve effective utilization of healthcare services. The Case Manager will assess these patients for social determinants of health that may be causing barriers to their health improvement, assist the patients to set self-management plans and goals, and provide resources and guidance for patients and family members to meet those goals moving forward.
The Case Manager will:
- Complete an assessment of patient/family needs including resource status, support system, physical, psychosocial, educational and all other needs
- Assist with the coordination of care for patients as directed by the healthcare providers while utilizing resources and working with an interdisciplinary team to achieve goals, objectives and integration of care
- Coordinate and facilitate a medically appropriate plan of care with the patient as directed by Primary Care Provider while synchronizing efforts with the Behavioral Health Provider to ensure duplication of efforts do not occur and information is shared
- Make recommendations and assist patients entering mental health and substance abuse programs
- Act as a patient advocate assisting with problem-solving; coaching/encouraging patients in the self-management of their health issues; providing resources and education as necessary
- Assure that follow-up clinic or specialist appointments are made, to get the assessments or screenings completed as directed by care team
- Maintains a database of patients served that includes all support services and efforts made to resolve issues of care
- Outreach and develop working relationships with other agencies whose services will be beneficial to patients
- Identify as-risk patients with high degrees of difficulty related to social determinants of health by administering screening tools (i.e. PRAPARE)
- Serve as a resource for the health team, patient and family
- Bachelor's Degree in social work, sociology or psychology or related field required
- Experience with Microsoft Office; previous EMR experience preferred
- Experience with and knowledge of community resources
- Possess broad background of training and experience with diverse patient population
- One or more years of recent case management experience preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) strongly preferred
If you are passionate about helping others and looking for a great career in a caring, compassionate, non-profit organization, apply by visiting our website at www.healthcare-connection.org.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third-party candidates please.