The housekeeping position is responsible for maintaining the high standard of cleanliness throughout the House. They will be responsible for cleaning hallways, floors, and emptying trash. They will also be responsible for cleaning common areas and laundry/linen service as needed. As part of the housekeeping team, this role may include other general cleaning duties, including cleaning rooms and/or other project work. The housekeeper will identify and communicate any maintenance or safety issues. The housekeeper will monitor and stock and maintain inventory of supplies including cleaning supplies and linens, and will give guidance and support to House volunteers.
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF:
- You are reliable and proud of your work.
- You are meticulous about detail and accuracy while working effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- You enjoy building relationships with a diverse group of people.
- You have an upbeat and professional demeanor.
- You are timely, great at prioritizing, and multi-tasking.
- You have good communication skills.
- You are highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Have a service mentality.
- You want to love what you do and make an impact!
- At least 1-year related experience, including experience with a variety of cleaning products and tools.
- Strong time management skills and proven history of workplace punctuality.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Attention to detail and meticulous use of proper safety procedures.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Lead with our Core Values (Collaboration, Gratitude, Integrity, Inclusion, Joy)
Reliable, Attention to detail, Flexible; Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; Self-starter; Effective verbal communication skills; Compassionate; Personable and professional demeanor; Team player.
1. Foster a home-like environment that supports families in medical crisis, often dealing with sensitive, difficult and stressful situations. Exceed our guest’s expectations by acknowledging all guests with a friendly attitude while anticipating and responding promptly to the guest needs.
Sometimes, it’s just a smile!
2. Ensure all operational and safety procedures are properly followed in the day-to-day execution of work. Safety is a priority. Use cleaning chemicals and equipment following all specified instructions and safety precautions.
3. Provide comfort to our families by maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in all areas of our House. Thoroughly and accurately complete daily and weekly cleaning task lists. Communicate with the manager on duty to determine daily needs, including but not limited to sweeping and
mopping, emptying trash on the interior and exterior, cleaning guest rooms, cleaning public restrooms, cleaning common areas, cleaning kitchens and dining areas, and laundry. It’s all about the families and providing an incredible guest experience during a stressful time.
4. Contribute to the House team efforts by setting and meeting performance goals, maintaining positive, supportive and flexible working relationships with fellow staff and volunteers in our mutual pursuit of providing comfort and care to families of seriously ill or injured children being served by our facility. In an effort to stay up-to-date and further contribute to the team, the
housekeeper will attend staff meetings.
5. Represent our House and culture in all interactions with guest families, volunteers, hospital staff and community members. This includes displaying professionalism, tactfulness, and being able to provide reliable and accurate information.
6. Maintain inventory of House supplies including linens, cleaning supplies, and other in-room items by monitoring supply usage, restocking levels, and submitting order requests to appropriate staff.
7. Effectively communicate facility issues, areas of concern, damages, or deficits to the Housekeeping Manager or Guest Services Manager on duty and facilities team.
8. Provide thoughtful leadership, assistance, and guidance to our devoted House volunteers.
9. Execute other House responsibilities as requested by the Housekeeping Manager, Guest Services Director, COO, lead guest services managers, facilities team, or the guest services manager on duty.
This job operates in a hotel like environment to provide a temporary home to families with critically ill children. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position also requires the ability to use a step stool or ladder and to reach overhead for cleaning and dusting.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds. This position requires the ability to operate (push/puss) mechanical cleaning equipment including vacuums, floor scrubbers, steam cleaners and similar devices.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Our House is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We are looking to fill full-time positions, with availability to work evenings and weekends.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.